Russel and I had a great time visiting with Tammy this afternoon.
This is a reblog, and I always disable comments on reblogs out of respect for the original author who did all the work. If you would like to leave a comment, click on the link below and leave your comment with Russel who deserves your support with your comments.
ActiveRain meet-up in Chula Vista
Would you believe that Tammy Lankford came all the way from Lake Sinclair, Georgia, just to see Jim and me? Okay, maybe not just to see Jim and me, but she let us know a couple of weeks ago that she would be in town visiting relatives and wanted to get together with us. So this afternoon we got together!
Jim and I picked her up in Chula Vista and then went over to Coronado where I got a couple of pictures of Tammy at the Hotel del Coronado where Some Like It Hot, starring Marilyn Monroe, was filmed in 1958.
I also got her in front of the dragon tree at the Hotel:
I haven't seen Some Like It Hot, but somewhere in the movie was that dragon tree, according to the plaque that Tammy is standing in front of.
After that we went over to the east side of Coronado Island where the view of downtown San Diego was excellent on a nice football Sunday in October (the Chargers won, by the way!). Here I got Jim and Tammy with downtown San Diego as a backdrop.
After a drink at Joe's Crab Shack in downtown San Diego by the convention center, we dropped Tammy back in Chula Vista.
All in all, an afternoon well spent with a real friend (formerly a virtual friend)!
- Pay It Forward — Taxi! (People still trust a complete stranger!)
- Golden Oldies — #15 (October 1, 2011)
- History on Stamps — The life you might save might be mine
- Friday Flower Fiesta —#66 (September 30, 2011)
- Business & Marketing — Has your river run dry?
- Pay It Forward — Free publicity to reward great service
- Pay It Forward — Someone went home with a new pet last week
- Music on Mondays from the Music Chronicles of Russel Ray — The Fightin' Texas Aggie War Hymn
- ActiveRain — Are you being selfish? (a case for reblogging)
- Opinion — I can highly recommend Windows 7 speech recognition
- Golden Oldies — #14 (September 24, 2011)
- Picture of the Moment — The San Diego River: From trickle to flood to Pacific Ocean
- Friday Flower Fiesta — Friday Flower Fiesta, #65 (September 23, 2011)
- Unlocking the secrets of your home — Dear California agents: Have you read the purchase contract? Signed, California home inspector (part 2)
- Unlocking the secrets of your home — Dear California agents: Have you read the purchase contract? Signed, California home inspector (part 1)
- ActiveRain — How much are ActiveRain points worth? I have the answer!
- Business & Marketing — More cultures
- Opinion — What do you learn by quitting?
- San Diego Historical Landmarks — #1 — Part 7: San Diego Museum of Art and House of Charm
- Business & Marketing — GOLD is more than just gold