This is a great summer/or weekend BBQ dish, but it might be better to call it Fall Breezy Ribs, since we are in the Month of October. It's starting to really cool off outside but these ribs are irresistable! So... let's grill while we can, before it gets too cold outside. (depending on the temp. and location you are at).
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 pounds pork loin back ribs or pork spareribs
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 4 cups hickory chips
- 1/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- Bottled barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, seasoned salt, and chili powder. Brush ribs with mustard. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture onto ribs. Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours.
- At least 1 hour before grilling, soak wood chips in enough water to cover. Drain.
- In a grill with a cover arrange preheated coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Sprinkle some of the drained wood chips over the coals. Pour 1 inch of water into the drip pan. Place ribs, meaty side up, on grill rack over drip pan but not over coals, or use a rib rack placed over the drip pan. Cover and grill for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until ribs are tender, adding more coals and wood chips as necessary.
- Brush with the 1/4 cup barbecue sauce. Grill ribs for 5 minutes more. Serve with additional bottled barbecue sauce. Makes 6 servings.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. I love to cook and share my recipes.
Remember, Arizona Resource Realty specializes in REO/Foreclosures in the Payson, Prescott and Show Low areas.
Come Visit us on the Web! At: resourceaz.com or MakeTheBankAnOffer.com
If you would like to speak to one of our Agents directly, feel free to call us at (928) 474-2550.