If you are living in an urban setting, you can stop reading right now. But if you live in a smaller community, you have probably come across this.
Here's the scenario:
1. Beautiful lot for sale in a subdivision that has not been fully developed yet.
2. The MLS says "perc on file". OK, you know that you have to build your own septic system.
3. During escrow, as you are looking at all the documents, you realize that the "Sewage Disposal Location & Layout Map" shows EXPLORATORY HOLES but they are not specific to a specific lot.
4. You do not have a perc test for your lot!
5. This means, that if your lot does not perc, you need to have an engineered (mound) system designed for your lot.
6. Either way, it will determine where you can build on your lot.
7. Or the land may be unbuildable.
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE A PIECE OF RAW LAND, FIND OUT WHAT KIND OF SEWAGE DISPOSAL SYSTEM IS AVAILABLE OR CAN BE BUILT.