Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Last Friday night was the grand opening of the new 1829 boutique in [Waterville Valley, NH] Town Square. As happens a lot around here, the faithful were out in force, shopping, chatting, hanging. It is a lovely store — a harbinger of the future, I hope — and the welcoming crowd brought a positive vibe. As I scanned around at all the familiar faces, some weekenders and some residents, I thought about the strange gravity that brings us all back here, or makes us stay. The old marketing campaign, “Love”, really wasn’t too far off the mark. With that thought, I give you the first twenty-one reasons I could think of why you should abandon the comforts of the suburbs and move to Waterville Valley full time. Or, as I say in my more candid moments, “Brains… more brains… fresh brains…”
1. You ask your friends what time they’re arriving Friday night, because it never occurs to you that they might not actually be coming up.
2. You hit refresh more than three times on the Resort webcam during a conference call.
3. You know where Swazeytown is.
4. You care where Swazeytown is.
5. You smell woodsmoke and leaf mold and your Pavlovian response is to start waxing your skis.
6. You feel just a little better when you put on your WV fleece or baseball cap.
7. You know exactly when it’s time to say goodbye in Thornton, because you know exactly where your cell phone will drop on Rt. 49 on the way in.
8. Your server at the Coyote [Grill Restaurant] says, “I won’t bother with tonight’s specials. The Buffalo Meatloaf and a very dry Grey Goose Martini, super cold, slightly dirty.” And she doesn’t wait for confirmation.
9. You stop in the middle of Lower Bobby’s [ski slope], and you can pick out your condo.
10. You hear Warren Miller intone “I’ve been telling you, move to a ski resort this year. If you don’t, you’ll be one year older when you do”… and in your heart of hearts, you know he’s right.
11. The sight of a moose thrills you nearly as much as the sight of your bride/groom standing at the altar. Nearly.
12. The thought of running into a bear on the trail secretly pleases you.
13. The idea that a family of red foxes might be your closest neighbors seems pretty good to you.
14. You wonder why Real Life can’t be like this.
15. You scheme on Sunday nights for a reason to stay.
16. You realize that “work-from-home” Fridays can mean “work-from-the-Valley”. And then you actually work, so you get to do it again.
17. Your kids’ best friends are the kids they ski with every weekend.
18. Your best friends are the grown-up kids you ski with every weekend.
19. You know what time the Saturday morning warm-up crowd at the Schwendi [Hutte mountaintop restaurant] breaks, so you can always get a table. No, I am not sharing.
20. You recognize and appreciate the fact that Steve, the Schwendi chef, will always play four songs you know and one you don’t, but love, in his house music mix.
21. Regardless of where you spend your weekdays, you only truly feel at home when you’re in the Valley.
If more than a few of these ring a bell for you, you have my condolences… what time do you want to meet for coffee on Tuesday morning?
# # # # #
Interested in learning how YOU, too, can own a piece of paradise at Waterville Valley, New Hampshire?
Call the Waterville Valley Realty team at 1-888-987-8333 or visit us online at wvnh.com.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.