National Housing Inventory Down But Connecticut Inventory Holding.
Today’s Wall Street Journal reports "Slim Pickings Are Latest Headache for Home Sales" today.
Nationally single family homes listed for sale are at lowest levels since 2007 reports Realtor.com. Down 20% from last year for the end of September at more than 2.19 million homes listed for sale.
But when buying or selling you need to look at the LOCAL Housing Market Reports. Here in Connecticut our data is showing a little different picture from the National average. For September 2011 Connecticut’s Inventory is up 4.9% compared to a year ago at 25,904 but with medium sale price down 3.8% See Chart below.
For Fairfield County, Connecticut we see the same trend as the state of Connecticut with inventory up 1.2% for the month of September 2011 compared to last year at 6,876 and with median sales price up 5.2%. See Fairfield County, CT chart below.
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CONNECTICUT CHART.
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A life time resident of Fairfield County he has worked throughout lower Fairfield County and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and other parts of Connecticut.