Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
If you are considering buying a Short Sale, whether you are in the Manchester NH area, Southern New Hampshire or located aywhere else thoughout this great country of ours, the short sale process is the same. As a buyer there are some things you need to do in order to have an advantage and opportunity to have your short sale approved. The short sale process can be long, it can be frustrating but it does NOT have to be.
THE TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO DO:
1. UNDERSTANDING THE PROCESS OF THE SHORT SALE: Before you start looking at homes or completing research. you need to know that the basic premise of a short sale is. When a home owner owes more than what the home is worth in todays market, they ask the sellers bank to approve a sale of the home at the current market price.
2. UNDERSTAND THE TIMEFRAMES INVOLVED: If you are looking to purchase a short sale you need to be prepared to wait 3 to 6 months. If you need a quick purchase, a short sale may not be for you. In the best scenarios, it will be 2-3 months on average, worst case it could take 3-6 months.
3. GET PRE-APRROVED: It is important for you to not only get pre-qualified, but take the extra step to submit your financials to get pre-approved. A prequailification letter will be needed to submit an offer. Once the short sale is approved, you will only have 30 days to close, so be prepared.
4. HIRE A BUYER BROKER. The first step is then to hire a buyer broker, you can usually do so at no cost to you, they get paid their commission from the fee advertsised in MLS by the listing agent and paid at closing. This way you will have someone assisting you through each step of the buying process. making sure your agent is WELL Expereinced in short sales is a must. Here in NH we can certainly assit you.
5. ASK IF THE HOUSE IS IN FORECLOSURE: The number one question is if the house is already in foreclosure, If it is, you need to ask if they set a sale date, also know as the auction date. if so, there probabily is not enough time to get a short sale approved.This can save you time and money needlessly spent.
6. ASK AND THEN CONFIRM HOW MANY MORTGAGES THERE ARE: Properties with only one mortgage are alot easier to get a short sale approval. If there are 2 or more mortgages or liens, it will become often one hundred times as hard. You need to make sure your agent pulls a title report to confirm, never take someones word. if you do not have 3-6 months, a short sale with 2 or more mortgages may not be for you.
7. CAN THE SELLER COMPLETE A SHORT SALE: The seller should be quailified for completing a short sale by having a verifiable hardship such as not being able to pay the mortgage, loss of a job, job transfer, illness, divorce or death. Owing more than teh house is worth and getting out of the mortgage is not a hardship in the banks eyes.
8. LISTING PRICE. The listing price is often not set by the bank or even the seller. It should be set at or just under current market value. Some agents will price the home artificially low which often leads to a counter offer higher than asking price by teh bank or outright denial.
9. MAKING YOUR OFFER: First ask if there are any other offers submitted. Ask if there were any offers accepted that the buyer withdrew. It give shints on how far along in teh process the seller is. Your agent should then gather what the home is worth in todays market and base your offer on that. Make sure you include any work/repairs that need to be completed in your initial offer. the bank will not likely renegotiate after accepting an offer and then you find soemthing in a home inspection. Do not put any deadlines on your offer, the bank will not follow them, the process is what it is, it needs to take it's course. Be prepared to wait 4-8 weeks for the bank to complete this process. They will check to see if the seller is quailifie dto complete a short sale, they will order an appraisal to check the value and then make a decision.
10. APPROVAL and CLOSING: The first thing is never consider the short sale approved unless in writing from the bank and signed by the bank and seller. Be prepared to close within 30 days of getting this approval. make sure you complete a walkthrough before closing. All occupants/tenants/owners should vacate the home. Make sure those items include din your contract are remaining in the house. Once you close, it is your problem so do not close without a walkthrough.
If you want to enter the world of short sales, make sure you have the time, energy and are not stressed easily. The number one tip is check for yourself what that house is worth in todays market and use that to base your offer on, do not use the asking price as you do not know if it is the value, too low or too high
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in New Hampshire, please call us first. We strive to provide the best in personal and professional service through each step of the buying and selling process.
We offer * FREE * BUYER REPRESENTANTION - ask us how we can help you buy a home here in New Hampshire. (*please contact us for details and conditions*)
ONE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE'S LEADING AGENTS FOR SHORT SALES AND BANK OWNED HOMES...
If you are Looking for a Real Estate Agent you have come to the right place. Scott Godzyk is a Full Time and Local agent ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the buying or selling process. We are proud to be locally owned and operated.
If you owe more than your house is worth, If you are behind in your payments, I may be able to help. Call me to find out how you may be able to sell your home at no additional cost to you.
Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of The Godzyk Real Estate Services located in Manchester NH. With 25 years of Real Estate experience Scott specializes in Listing and Selling Bank Owned Homes, Short Ssles, Residential Properties, Condominiums, New Construction and Investment Properties. Scott services the counties of Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Belknap. To contact Scott Godzyk please call 603-661-2121 or email email@example.com. his website is www.ScottSellsNH.com.
If you have enjoyed reading my blog, please subscribe by clicking below
Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of The Godzyk Real Estate Services located in Manchester NH. With 25 years of Real Estate experience Scott specializes in Listing and Selling Bank Owned Homes, Short Sales, Residential Properties, Condominiums, New Construction and Investment Properties.
Scott services the counties of Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Belknap. To contact Scott Godzyk please call 603-661-2121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. his website is www.ScottSellsNH.com.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.