NO FENCE SITTERS ALLOWED
A buyer whom I am helping find a condo has been equivocating about whether to buy now or wait. We have looked at many condos which meet the criteria she wanted in a unit. I have been showing her property for 1 and a half years, off and on. Each time we meet, after a two or three month interval, she tells me she is ready to purchase now. And each time something prevents her from making an offer. First it was location. She was not satisfied with the areas in which we were look.
We finally found the right area and began our search again. After looking at some very nice units she finally tells me that she is worried that she did not have enough to put down on a unit if we found the right one. So I asked her to consult with her mortgage broker for advice on how she should tackle this problem.
Last month she was back to start searching for the perfect condo. She was able to save more money for a down payment. Her mother also agreed to assist her with a purchase. After 4 weeks of looking and seeing some very acceptable unit, she finally told me she was afraid that she might lose her job. We talked about this for some time and it turns out that her job is not threatened in any way. She can see all sort of imagined problems that may come up.
So we sat down and had a nice chat. We discussed all the pros and cons about buying the unit she liked best. She had concerns about proceeding because of the uncertainty in the world now. I asked her what was the worst thing that could happen if she made an offer on the unit she thought was a good buy. I finally was able to allay her fears and she agreed to make an offer on a unit I believe she will be very happy owning.