House Price to Yearly Rent Ratio Points Way to Buying Homes.
October 15th, 2011 Wall Street Journal’s article “It’s Time to Buy That House” points out two key measures that are now suggesting it’s a good time to buy a house. For long term live in or for an investment the two measurements are the house price to yearly rents ratio and the current low mortgage rates.
According to Moody's Analytics, nationwide the ratio of home prices to yearly rents is 11.3, down from 18.5 at the peak of the bubble with the average from 1989 to 2003 was about 10. Even if price/rent ratios are not at their absolute low, with the 30 year mortgage rates in the low 4% that lower the total cost of the home thus making some markets looking like bargains.
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A life time resident of Fairfield County he has worked throughout lower Fairfield County for over 30 years and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Darien, Greenwich and Greater Fairfield County MLS.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.