The Washington Post recently has an article outlining ten things to know about buying or selling a house in today's real estate market. These are fail and practical recommendations. However, i wonder how much more could REALTORS add to this list?
1. A bigger down payment might be necessary.
2. A buyer’s market? Not entirely.
3. Sellers, don’t put off those remodeling projects
4. Home staging could be worth the extra cash.
5. Appraisals might not match price expectations.
6. Start saving your financial records to show the bank.
7. Prepare to spend more time securing a loan.
8. The home inspection is back with a vengeance.
9. Sell or rent before buying or be willing to pay two mortgages.
10. Pick a real estate agent willing to do the homework, because buying and selling take more effort these days.
you can read the full article here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/realestate/ten-things-you-need-to-know-about-buying-or-selling-a-home/2011/10/20/gIQApgYzIM_story.html