As Jared points out so many people always have misconceptions of what people do in their chosen careers. A lifetime ago I use to be in the food and beverage business. I at one point was in corporate and part of my task was interview new prospective managers. Where upon I spent the first 10 to 15 minutes trying to talk them out of it. I explained that the restaurant management career was more of a lifestyle then a career. I told them to forget their friends with normal jobs and explained the real behind the scenes work. If they still wanted to pursue it after my little speech then at least I felt comfortable that they were not mislead.
That is a direct quote from a friend of a past client (except she pronounced it REAL-A-TOR). She went on to say things like...
* How hard is it to open doors for people?
* Most buyers already know what they want because of the internet. That makes your job easy!
* I think it would be fun to drive around all day looking at cool houses. I could do that every day all day!
* Writing offers can't be that hard.
* I would LOVE to get paid what you do.
* Real estate slows down during the winter right? How cool would it be to take entire winters off???
* Seriously Jared, I want to be a Realtor®! Can I come work with your team?
Instead of lashing back and letting this woman know how many hours I work in a week, or telling her how much time I spend studying the market, keeping current on my knowledge of the process of a transaction, and the work that goes into lead generation...
I told her that if she was really serious about it we can have a little sit down and discuss her options. Not surprisingly... she never called.
Sometimes the public's perception of what we do amazes me. I certainly don't let it get to me, I just thought I would share a chuckle this morning. Have a great weekend!
Whether you are buying, selling, downsizing, or relocating to Fort Wayne...
THE CHRISTIANSEN TEAM CAN HELP!
The Christiansen Team is...
* We met with The Christiansen Team and they showed us what the market was doing and assured us that they could sell our home quickly and for the right price. Then they did. - Chris and Audrey
* They are very down to earth people that were looking out for me and what I wanted. It didn’t take us long to find that “perfect” home! - Patti
* The Christiansen Team treated me like a million dollar client! After meeting with them a few times they knew what I was looking for better than I did! I loved their laid back personality and really enjoyed working with them. You will too! - Tabitha and Andrew
* Our biggest concern was finding the right home at a price we could afford. The Christiansen Team did their homework, knew their stuff, and found us the perfect home for a great price. - Resa and J.P.
We now have a certified Fort Wayne Short Sale Specialist and a 203 K "Instant Equity" group on our team.