Conservation of Water, It is a Limited Nature Resource.
It is hard to think that water is a limited natural resource with about 70% of the earth’s surface covered in water. But out of all the earths water about 2.59% is freshwater and only 1% of the water supply on earth can be used as drinking water.
Conservation of water at home is very easy to do. There are two ways to save on your usage of water at the home, the first being to conserve your use; the second is to stop leaks.
Leaks can easily double your water usage and bill. For example a single dripping faucet can waste more than 60,000 gallons a year, which is equal to 3,000 five minute showers.
Become your own leak detective.
Turn off all the faucets and water using appliances. Then check your water meter and write down the reading. Wait two hours and go back to see if the reading is different, if so you have a leak. The newer meters have a small indicator that shows when water is moving through it. (The new digital meters you might need to shine a flashlight to wake them up). These meters will clearly show evidences of a leak.
Conserve Water through lifestyle.
Use EnergyStar appliances, dishwashers, washers, etc.
Take showers not baths
Turn off water while brushing teeth or shaving
Install dual flush toilets
Use drip irrigation
Have a rain sensor on your sprinkler system
Run dishwasher when completely full
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A life time resident of Fairfield County he has worked throughout lower Fairfield County for over 30 years and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Darien, Greenwich and Greater Fairfield County MLS.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.