You asked - what is that bush with the red berries growing in Haiku Maui?
That shrub or tree is called Christmas Berry because it makes lovely red berries in the winter time. Actually the little red berries are something you would find in a peppercorn mix... the pink red black multicolored peppercorns. It's a pretty bush at Christmas time.
Christmas berry trees grow wild in Haiku and other lowland parts of Maui, and they can become sort of a weed, growing into dense thickets. This native shrub from Brazil can be cut down to make good firewood though so it's all good. Birds like the berries, and honey bees too.
Other related blog posts about Maui trees:
- Rainbow over a Christmas Berry Tree in Haiku.
- Trees in upcountry Maui
- Eucalyptus forest in Olinda Maui
- Photos of various Maui trees
- Tree photos from West Maui
- How long does it take to grow a papaya tree on Maui?