If you read the recently published post by Active Rain you will realize the amount of information they gathered is totally invaluable to your business.
And, this applies to you. From the moment I began Real Estate, I have invested a great amount of money in Advertising and On-line Presence. Most of my On-line Presence is self generated but not all of it. With all the sites featuring Real Estate such as Homes.com, Zillow, Twitter, Craigslist, and of course Facebook, I have found that most of my business in dollars $$$'s have been generated from ActiveRain!
ActiveRain is a site that has spread throughout the Real Estate Industry like a wildfire in Texas.
Why not? It's hot!
The other day I was googling a couple of subjects where I needed to expand my knowledge and low and behold, on the first page were posts of mine! Talk about being shocked, overwhelmed and honored at the same time, my head was spinning! Here I am looking for answers and there I was! Google had chosen me as an expert! Now, I do not claim to be an expert on anything! I love to write and I try and serve my clients the way they deserve to be served with strong ethics, personal service and knowledge. But, our greatest friend, Active Rain had me on the first page for my own questions!
Now, I attribute this to many factors but there is no fudging about the truth. Active Rain has taught me how to write with appropriate SEO, the right title, the way to categorize my posts, the way to use Localism and the right way to communicate with Google! Thank you! Active Rain, you will always be my hero. And, they are recommending a service that I do not think we can actually pass up. I have placed my trust and faith in AR for so many years now I simply must listen!
If you have not read the ActiveRain published post Rich Real Estate Agent, Poor Real Estate Agent then this is a MUST READ! Read the post for the total nuts and bolts of your marketing analysis today!
The post reiterates what most of you know yet have forgotten! With the economy as it stands, each of us are attempting to save our money. The bottom line is, "It Takes Money To Make Money!" and how often have you heard this term? How often has it sunk in to your consciousness that it is a true statement? It's time to face it my friend! We have to spend the money to stay in the game! Now, also what we have to do is to become extremely astute to what is going on around us to give us the return! We have no money to waste or to burn!
Our dollar needs to return ten!!!
How is this possible?
Why is it that:
- We are 16 years into the Internet Revolution and three years into the Do Not Call Registry, YET more real estate agents knock on doors and cold call than advertise on the Internet.
- Realtor.com is the official site of the National Association Realtors (NAR) and has been around for 15 years (or so), but is falling behind Trulia in real estate agent usage, and only slightly ahead of Zillow, both of which have existed for 5-6 years now.
- Direct mail is the most popular form of real estate advertising. The US Government and Postal Workers Union thank you.
- Only 15-16% of real estate agents use an assistant to help with marketing. How valuable is your time? If you use this as a metric, most real estate professionals don’t think their time is that valuable .
Quote by Active Rain.
Oh, and don't forget this quote from Active Rain! Girls, are you going to continue to let this happen?
- Rich real estate agents tend to be MEN (58% male). Poor real estate agents tended to be WOMEN (60% female). 47% of the survey was male.
- Rich real estate agents have 11-20 years of real estate experience. Poor real estate agents had 4-5 five years of experience. The average was 6-10 years of experience.
- The average age of the respondent was 51-60 years old. S/he is a college grad with moderate technology experience. Age did not matter between rich and poor real estate agents.
- Quote: ActiveRain
Okay, now that you are totally confused and perturbed with no answers coming your way, get your questions out of your "mind pocket" and tell US about them.
Revelation! Another quote! The average age of the respondent was 51-60 years old. Ladies, are we going to stand for this? Are we letting our pride go to these stats? No way! Let's conquer these stats today!
SIGH, How do they know these things?
MEGA QUESTION OF THE DAY...Why is the word FACEBOOK on the spell check and GOOGLE is not?
ACCOLADES to the person that can explain this to me!
NOW, READ THROUGH THE MESSAGE BELOW OR EXPERIENCE A SLOW YET CERTAIN BUSINESS DEMISE!
Data provided by ActiveRain.com. Join 215,590 Real Estate Agents on the world's largest Real Estate Social Network.