Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
QUOTE OF THE WEEK…”Life will always be to a large extent what we ourselves make it.”–Samuel Smiles, Scottish author and reformer
INFO THAT HITS US WHERE WE LIVE…Like life, the situation in the housing market depends on what we make of it. Last week, both options were covered in the latest quarterly report from the National Association of Realtors (NAR). The good option: home sales in Q3 rose in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. The negative: the median existing single-family home price rose in only 39 of 150 metro areas, declining in 111 of them. Yet the NAR chief economist pointed out that the sales data was encouraging, because “Home sales need to recover first–only then can prices stabilize.”
More good news: inventory levels have been trending gradually down. Good reason for that was offered by NAR President Ron Phipps: “Housing affordability conditions have been at a record high this year, rents are rising and homes are selling for less than the cost of construction in most of the country. For people with secure jobs, good credit and long-term plans, today’s conditions will be remembered as a golden opportunity to enter the housing market.” Another survey told us a mere 5% boost in prices would motivate 11.7% of owners to sell their home.
Review of Last Week ARRIVEDERCI, PRIME MINISTERS…Wall Street investors maintained their focus on Europe, but last week the developments were much more positive. Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou stepped down after upsetting everyone by proposing a popular vote on his country’s bailout package. Italy’s Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi followed suit on Saturday. Earlier in the week, investor fears of political turmoil were allayed by a successful auction of Italian bonds. Stocks went in both directions, but by the end of hostilities on Friday, the Dow and S&P 500 were up for the week, with the Nasdaq off just a smidge.
Economic data over here was sparse but not terrible. Initial jobless claims came in 10,000 less than the week before, at 390,000. Continuing unemployment claims dropped 92,000 to 3.62 million. The trade deficit shrank in September, which hadn’t been expected. And even same-store chain store sales keep gaining, up around 3% from a year ago according to two different surveys.
For the week, the Dow ended UP 1.4%, to 12154; the S&P 500 was UP 0.8%, to 1264; but the Nasdaq slipped 0.3%, to 2677.
The European debt situation also had the bond market experiencing swings in both directions. But when all was said and done, mortgage bond prices suffered a little, as stocks surged on Friday. The FNMA 3.5% bond we watch ended the week down .86, to $101.19. National average mortgage rates were little changed, according to Freddie Mac’s weekly survey, staying at their recent extremely low levels.
DID YOU KNOW?… Building Permits reports the number of residential building permits issues the prior month. Investors use it to gauge consumer confidence in the economy. Any weakness suggests consumer spending contraction.
This Week’s Forecast HOME BUILDING, INFLATION, RETAIL, MANUFACTURING… There’s lots to ponder this week and high on the list will be Thursday’s Housing Starts, expected to be down a bit for October, and Building Permits, expected to be up. We’ll also get the Fed’s favorite reading on inflation, the Core Consumer Price Index (Core CPI), which excludes volatile food and energy prices, and is forecast to remain under control.
Tuesday’s October Retail Sales are predicted up a tad, although at a lower rate than last month. Manufacturing should also be gaining, as measured by New York and Philly indexes, as well as Industrial Production and factory capacity.
The Week’s Economic Indicator Calendar Weaker than expected economic data tends to send bond prices up and interest rates down, while positive data points to lower bond prices and rising loan rates.
Federal Reserve Watch Forecasting Federal Reserve policy changes in coming months…The Funds rate should stay where it is through mid-2013, since that’s the Fed’s stated goal. They’re of course betting on inflation remaining under control during that time. Note: In the lower chart, a 1% probability of change is a 99% certainty the rate will stay the same.
This is an advertisement for Carly Companion West. The material provided is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as investment and/or mortgage advice, or a commitment to lend. Although the material is deemed to be accurate and reliable, there is no guarantee of its accuracy. The material contained in the newsletter is the property of Academy Mortgage and cannot be reproduced for any use without prior written consent. It is designed for real estate and other financial professionals only. It is not intended for consumer distribution. The material does not represent the opinion of Academy Mortgage. NMLS# 180670
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.