New Hampshire Home Staging Advice - You Don't Have To Go Down With The Ship
For most sellers, selling a house is a new experience. Selling your most valuable asset is not something you should attempt on your own.
When approaching unchartered waters... sellers, like sailors, should have at least one experienced deckhand on board.
It may appear initially to be smooth sailing, but you could find yourself in way over your head quite fast.
Instead of "For Sale By Owner"
fsbo could, in many cases, stand for
"Fast Sinking - Best Offer"
There are pirates out in those waters!
Without pricing and marketing knowledge or understanding of real estate law you could find yourself at their mercy.
Three words: Davy Jones Locker!
Warning: "over priced & under marketed" means crying S.O.S instead of S.O.L.D
HomeGain Survey Finds Home Sellers Fare 50% Better in Getting Their Homes Sold Using a REALTOR® Than Selling On Their Own
Best case scenerio: Have some experienced sea legs, a Realtor and a Home Stager, on your crew.
If you insist your ship is unsinkable (one word..."Titanic"), and you don't want an agent as your first mate, at the very least:
- have a home inspection prior to listing
- consult with a home stager prior to listing
- have a real estate office prepare a comparative market analysis to determine realistic price
- consult with an attorney
- keep your mouth shut during showings and don't stalk buyers around the house
- prepare yourself for less showings and more time commitment than you expect