Veteran's Day (or around that date) is a good time for all veterans to review their benefits. And by the way, did you enjoy a free lunch from a Spokane eatery such as Applebees or Chilis? Several restaurants in the area show their gratitude this way.
A few items to review:
1. Locate your DD214 and Certificate of Eligibility. You never know when you might need them.
2. Register at eBenefits a website for veterans which helps you manage and learn about benefit opportunity and status.
3. Check with a home loan professional to make sure you aren't paying too much for your VA home loan or any type of home loan.
4. Write or call a fellow Veteran to catch up on the news.
5. Remember to share your stories with the next generation at Thanksgiving or your next holiday gathering.
Every veteran thinking of purchasing a home, should for sure explore your VA home loan benefit. Here are a few convincing reasons:
- 100% financing
- No down payment
- No mortgage insurance
- Loan amounts up to $417,000
- May be used multiple times
- Less than perfect credit OK
Whether you are retired or just moving, Spokane is a great place to live and work. A VA Hospital is located here and there are several posts of the V.F.W. and the American Legion. Fairchild A.F.B. is 15 minutes from downtown.
When visiting the base, be sure to ask for a copy of the new authorized 2012 Fairchild A.F.B. Guide which (I have been told) is to be distributed in December. The Guide will be a resource for both active and retired military.
So, if you want to review the details of your current loan or need assistance with purchasing a new home using your VA benefits, I am a Veteran helping veterans.