Many sellers wonder whether they should go through the effort of decorating their home for sale with Phyllis Frankel Realty Group during the holidays. Between the stress of selling your home during the holidays and the typical stress that the holidays bring, it may overwhelm you to decorate your home, as well. However, decorating your home during the holiday season definitely has its advantages, particularly if you’re looking for a quick sale.
· Buyers interested in looking at homes for sale during the holiday season are usually serious. What does this mean? It means that most every buyer who walks through your door during the holiday season is looking to buy in the near future. So why not wow them with your beautiful holiday decorations?
· When buyers look at homes for sale during this time of the year, they are likely in the holiday mood. Because of this, you don’t want to be the only one on the block who doesn’t have holiday decorations up, right? Your undecorated home will appear stark and cold next to the homes that are lit for the holidays, thereby potentially turning off buyers.
· If you want potential buyers to imagine themselves in your home, it is always a good idea to get them in the holiday mood. A home that is decorated for the holidays will likely allow potential buyers to imagine themselves celebrating holidays and making holiday traditions in your home.
A few tricks of the trade when decorating your home for sale during the holidays:
· Don’t go overboard. You don’t want your home to be so crammed with holiday decorations that it detracts from your home’s many features.
· When welcoming potential buyers, consider going the extra mile by lighting the fireplace, lighting candles and offering freshly baked cookies and hot cider. Lightly scenting your home with holiday fragrances, such as vanilla and cinnamon, is also a smart move.