What's there to be thankful for in this challenging market!!!???
It was very difficult for me but I was able to come up with a few things after much thought.(kidding-it was easy)
1. In our office we have a Director of First Impressions. She is there to greet the public and a plethora of other responsibilities. This is typical ofr Keller williams Offices. What's not typical is our DOFI (Jura) and the marvelous job that she does. She always has a smile and upbeat attitude which lifts evryone up as they enter the office.
2. We have a team leader(Rick) who goes out of his way to make sure that everyone, who wants to be successful, has all the tools and guidance that Keller Williams and our specific office have to offer.
3. We have an operating partner(Debi) who is the first one in and often the last to leave. She leads by example and is very busy but always has time to help or to answer any questions. she is an excellent sounding board for ideas too.
4. We also have an agent leadership board(ALC) who have a voting say in most of the business decisions made in our office(what other company has this).
5. We have many agents who give classes on everything from obtaining the appointment, to negotiating a win win, to caling on expireds, to mastering short sales to to to to.........they don't get paid to do this other than helping the other agents to be up to date ans successful. (Peggy, Dee, Terry, Andie etc....)
6. We have organized a basketball outing in Hartford to see the Women Uconn Huskies and we have 20 people(so far) who are planning to go(what other office has that kind of participation and commraderie).
7. My daughter had our first grandchild recently(our miracle baby born at 2 pounds) and I can't tell you all the the well wishes and great baby gifts and just plain support that came from this office.
8. The teamwork in this office is something that I had trouble believing. Our culture says that each person gets better by sharing ideas and helping others.
9. Profit share-I am coming up on my three year anniversary and at that time my profit share will be vested. Where else can you get passive income month after month by helping other agents join Keller williams and then help them to be successful. My profit share for the year will be close to 10k and it has grown each and every year.
10. The spirit in this office is amazing. It is a difficult market but you'd never know it by coming into our office. There is an energy, a spirit and activity that you don't find elsewhere.
I'm sorry to be so positive in this challenging market but I have so many things to be thankful for after all. Ps-- our office continues to be profitable each and every month and I am on track to do much better than last year while the office will exceed expectations too. If you are looking for a positive environment, with great ownership and a supportive staff and you are willing to work hard then we have a great company and super office for you.