I know what you're thinking "What! sell my house during the holidays....You've got to be kidding me! With all the shopping, baking, tree decorating, parties, and on and on why in the world would I want to put any more STRESS into my holiday season!"
It's fairly common for most sellers to have this mindset, that "Winter" months equals a NO SALE season. Allow me to debunk this common myth. While showings can be stressful during a time when there is family over or on a Sunday while you’re putting up a tree, there are substantial reasons why the end of the year is one of the BEST times for sellers to sell their Atlanta home.
· LESS EQUALS MORE- During the holidays, many sellers take their homes off the market, which means there are LESS homes available to prospective buyers. Low inventory increases the chance a seller can sell quickly and for more money.
· SERIOUS BUYER POOL -If you are having showings on Christmas Day (perish the thought!), or any of the weeks leading up to it, you can rest assured that these are not the “looky lous”. These are serious buyers who NEED to buy, so having your home on the market during this time means we are dealing with a SERIOUS buyer pool.
· RELOCATION, RELOCATION, RELOCATION- Did you know Atlanta is home to the TOP 50 Global Corporations like Coca-Cola Company, NCR,Delta, Equifax, UPS and more?? These companies tend to staff their corporations right before the end of the year to get in their “calendar budgets” for the next year. Keeping your home on the market during this time means that you have a better chance of snagging up a high-powered executive.
· INTEREST RATES -Interest rates are still at an all time low, so there is even more incentive for buyers to buy.
· COMPETITION-Today, your home is based on the valuation of your current competition, which is less due to low inventories. When the market picks back up in the Spring, sellers will be “competing” with each other to get their sold quicker. While we don’t have a crystal ball, we do know what we are working with RIGHT NOW!
· BECAUSE I SAID SO! -In my seven years as a real estate agent, November and December has proven to be my most productive months of the year. My proven track record confirms all my previous reasons.
· DON'T FAIL!-You only FAIL if you fail to try. Test my theory and see the results for yourself.
· REAL ESTATE AGENTS LIKE TO TAKE THE HOLIDAYS OFF- so hire one who you know will be in town and can help filter all the calls and continue to market the home.
· TAX SEASON -Some buyers NEED to buy before the end of the year due to the tax benefits. Don’t deny them the right to capitalize on this pivotal time.
· MORE FREE TIME FOR BUYERS- And, time is money. Buyers have more time to look during the holidays outside of work hours, so keep your home on the market to ensure every possible buyer is able to see your home.
According to the National Association of Realtors, the average agent sells 8 homes a year. YES, 8 HOMES A YEAR. In a time of anxiety and hardship for many agents, I have sold 58 homes of which 8 were sold in the month of November 2011 alone.
If you’re looking for an Atlanta real estate agent who WILL be in town for the holidays and has a proven track record of producing IMPRESSIVE results and getting sellers TOP DOLLAR for their homes, call Winter Baserva at 678-463-3173. But, don’t take my word for it, just see LIVE testimonials here.