Ten Easy Ways to Save on Energy Costs. It is just beginning to get cold again in North Kingstown Rhode Island and since a long winter is ahead of us, I just wanted to cover 10 energy savers that will take you under 15 minutes to put into action...and begin to hear the coins saved!
- Keep your home thermostat no higher than 68 degrees
- Clean your furnace filter
- Install storm windows (or shut them if they are open)
- Close your curtains, drapes and shades at night
- Use direct sunlight to heat the rooms during the daytime
- Vampire electronics! Unplug unused electronics
- Shut the chimney flue when not in use
- Remove air conditioning units from windows
- Set hot water tank temperature settings at 120 degrees, no higher
- Learn to wash clothes in cold water (brr!)
These tips are courtesy of National Grid which is one of our RI energy providers. For more energy in action hot tips go to www.nationalgridus.com. Electric savings here adds up to savings for our environment also.
If you know of homeowners in a financial crisis and can not pay their energy bill and are not eligible for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), the Rhode Island Good Neighbor Energy Fund may help them. A maximum grant is $400 once per heating season per family. Call 401.831.1119 for more information today. Reach out and be a resource for a neighbor too. Ten Easy Ways to Save on Energy Costs.
Ginny Lacey Gorman is a North Kingstown Realtor who works and knows the North Kingstown RI geographic area of homes for sale, schools, happenings, important tidbits of information and businesses well. Waterfront, water view, ocean front, luxury and coastal RI real estate are her specialty, so call Ginny for your buying and selling home needs. As North Kingstown short sale agents, she and her team helps clients navigate successfully the rough short sale waters throughout RI, contact Ginny if you are having trouble paying your mortgage. When you are in need of an internet savvy RI realtor® who sells homes in this real estate market, call Ginny today at 401.529.7849.