I know, you have enough to deal with already getting through the holidays with your Atlanta home for sale, but as long as your house is on the market anyway, tis the season to be putting a festive face on the place! Here are some tried and true tips to make the most out of your holiday décor, and give those prospective buyers a holly jolly time while touring your warm and inviting hearth and home.
· A holiday wreath or pinecone arrangement on the dining table will put buyers in the festive spirit and make them feel right at home.
· Welcome one and all with an inviting entrance and a front door tastefully decorated for the season.
· Focus on the fireplace. Nothing says cheer is here better than a colorfully adorned fireplace mantel. Remember to stay within the color theme of your home here. If your décor is normally pale shades of blue, skip the red garlands and stay within your given color scheme for the most appealing display.
· Keep it simple, seriously! If you have a fireplace or other architectural feature that you would like to accentuate, add simple displays to show off and not distract from it’s natural beauty.
· Trim the tree, but keep it sweet. Make sure your tree is not overwhelming your space. If you have a two-story foyer then make the most of it with a towering tree, but if space is tight, keep the tree thin and lanky. Go for a modern and uncluttered trimming, with a color theme that enhances the surrounding décor.
· Keep buyers toasty and warm! When it’s chilly outside keep your buyers wanting to spend more time at your home by setting the thermostat up a degree or two, and if you have a fireplace, light it up. The more time they spend warming themselves by your fire the more likely they are to feel an affinity for your humble abode.
· Let them see you’re merry and bright by lighting up the yard with lights! Go gently here my friends. A simple string of lights to accentuate the homes appealing architecture or to show off your gorgeous fir trees will do nicely. No one wants to spend Christmas with the Kranks, so leave your inflatable Santa and reindeer set in the garage, please!
· Santa likes cookies, and so do your wearied buyers! Nothing says holiday cheer like the smell of freshly baked cookies, except maybe the sight of those cookies gingerly laid out for those guests who’ve come to visit, that you would love to stay.