Here's Russel's Golden Oldies post from yesterday. Good reading!
I always disable comments on reblogs out of respect for the original author who did all the work. If you would like to leave a comment, click on the link below and leave your comment with Russel who deserves your support with your comments.
Golden Oldies #24 (December 3, 2011)
An Angel on my shoulder (September 6, 2011)
Chiara Petro, Coldwell Banker Wallace & Wallace (Knoxville, Tennessee).
My Angel literally sits on my shoulder! My Angel is fluffy white, with a little bit of yellow under her wings and tail feathers, and sometimes I refer to her as my "lemon meringue" girl. My Angel loves, loves, loves being part of the conversation.
My view of real estate (May 17, 2009)
Jim Frimmer, Century 21 Award (San Diego, California).
If we could get people to actually buy homes and live in them while raising their families, perhaps even dying in those homes — instead of buying and selling homes every two years like a stock or bond — then we'll have a more stable real estate market, and perhaps even a more stable economy.
I believe (October 3, 2011)
Irene Durocher, Bristol Properties (Boca Raton, Florida).
I believe that real happiness is all around me and that it is as near as the voice of my friend, the whisper of my love, and the thought of my kids.
Would you drink water from this? (September 27, 2011)
Michael Bolton, Michael S. Bolton Inc. (Zimmerman, Minnesota).
I always like to tell myself that I’ve seen just about everything, and then I seem to run across something like this. This is shallow sand point well that services the homes water supply. The water test may indicate that everything is ok, but would you want this type of water supply in your house?
Do you have a valid listing agreement? (June 18, 2009)
June Tassillo, RE/MAX Elite Realty (Franklin, North Carolina).
Times are tough but are really going to make someone stay in a contract when they are angry with you? ... I make all my clients sign the appropriate papers when they are needed, or it just does not happen. I will not just take their word for anything. I must do my job!
Save on your property taxes (November 24, 2010)
James Loftis, Real Estate 911 (Hollywood, Florida).
Many home owners are overpaying their property taxes, and for those who are willing to extend the effort, there are ways to save on this tax. Property tax values have been declining in most areas and you may be surprised to find that you can actually save money by following these simple steps.
Feng Shui in New York — Another haunting? (June 8, 2009)
Carole Provenzale and Laura Cerrano, (Locust Valley, New York).
I know many people do not believe in spirit energy. They should be happy they have not experienced it. Ghosts or spirits are not something you have to live with. Feng Shui consultants are trained in having them move on so your space can truly be your own.
How important is marketing? (May 27, 2009)
Will Nesbitt, Will Nesbitt Realty (Alexandria, Virginia).
A skilled marketer can arrange facts to give a powerful impression that isn't really reflective of reality. A marketer should always consider the public's best interests when marketing a property. The trouble is not all marketers are good and many marketers are unskilled.
Refer my motivated cash buyer to another Realtor? No way! (December 3, 2010)
Donnie McKinney, Coldwell Banker Commercial Purchase Realty Group (Paducah, Kentucky).
I can make $200.00/hour doing what I’m great at. I made ZERO/hour getting sidetracked into something I’m not great at. I learned to do what I’m great at, and refer the things I’m not great at to someone else.
When great isn't that good (September 3, 2011)
Ken Brandon, Keller Williams (Jacksonville, North Carolina).
Have you ever heard someone say "He's a great salesman. He could sell ice cubes to an Eskimo!"? I get the message... but fail to understand what is great about selling something to someone they neither need nor want.
It's possible! (May 22, 2009)
Chuck Carstensen, RE/MAX Results (Elk River, Minnesota).
I had a couple deals going south if you know what I mean. I started to think about all the ways they won't work and all the people that would be mad and all the people who [messed] up to get to this point. I don't like these sort of thoughts so I took a deep breath... and said to myself:
Allergies and green environmental benefit of solid surface flooring versus carpet (July 24, 2011)
Pam Hills, Innovative Artistry (Kendall, Florida).
I was a fanatic about making sure I had the strongest vacuum, and I steam cleaned my carpets religiously. So when we pulled up our carpet it was a complete shock to me just the incredible amounts of dust, dirt, and, I am sure, mold that our carpets contained.
For previous posts in my Golden Oldies series, click on Golden Oldies.
Ten most recent posts
- 2011 December blogging challenge — Where's the home inspector?
- Business & Marketing — A resource for real estate agents, mortgage lenders, home inspectors, et al.
- Russel Ray Photos — I can't just kick her out of bed....
- Unlocking the secrets of your home — Yet another (should be unnecessary) reminder....
- Unlocking the secrets of your home — Another case for getting permits, and an important reminder for the holiday lighting season
- Where Hitchcock got his idea for "The Birds"
- Business & Marketing — My top 3 reasons why your marketing fails!
- Business & Marketing — Flipping is officially back!
- Fun with Russel Ray — Top 8 reasons why I unsubscribed you on Facebook
- Let the Spotlight Shine on.... — #2 October 24-30, 2011
- Unlocking the secrets of your home — All things related to home inspections and real estate, including safety and ongoing maintenance.
- Music on Mondays from the Music Chronicles of Russel Ray — Music is the international language. Enjoy some music with some words behind the music.
- Golden Oldies — I delve into the past to find overlooked posts that are not time sensitive. Information just as good today as it was then. Each person featured only once in this series.
- Friday Flower Fiesta — Flowers soothe the beast within, which is why women love them. I think.
- Business & Marketing — I have specialized in Guerrilla Marketing for over 25 years and share some tactics with you here.
- San Diego Historical Landmarks — Explore the City of San Diego's historical landmarks numerically from Landmark #1.
- History on Stamps — Ever wondered about all those people, places, and things on our postage stamps? Find out with me as your host.
- Halls of History — Explore the history of the world with me. If it's in our past, it's history!