Lower Fairfield County, Connecticut Real Estate Market Report Nov ~ 2011.
Dec 12, 2011.
The real estate market for 2011 in Lower Fairfield County, Connecticut seems to have hit an equilibrium compared to last year with number of sales on average a little lower but prices remaining close to the same and in some towns even up.
In Greenwich the Year to Date number of units is up a 13.01% compared to that same time period in 2010 with the average home price down only 2.08% currently at $2,453,142.
Stamford meanwhile is a little below last year’s numbers with unit sales at 489 just below 2010 of 491 but with average sales price down 6.77%.
Darien unit sales are down 6.64% but with the average sales price up just 0.05% at $1,682,391.
Norwalk volume is down 14.32% in single family homes sales but with prices up 2.62%.
New Canaan is showing an improvement from 2010 with unit sales up 2.21% and average sales prices up 8.14%.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.