Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
For most of us, the holidays are a hectic time. Our schedules get turned upside down, additional time is spent on holiday planning and activities, and combined with working and managing employees we are even more exhausted than usual (is that even possible?). Most of us probably never think of how we are going to balance this time before it actually happens. I mean, what’s the point? It’s inevitable that appointments will overlap with family time and school functions will collide with going over documents with your most important client.
Take a step back. Breathe. It’s going to be ok.
While balancing work with a personal life is a challenge in any field, it is especially a challenge in the real estate industry as we are always running all over town for a variety of reasons. First you’re on Main Street for a showing, then you’re downtown for a closing, and then you’re driving three towns over for the soccer game where you don’t get any cell phone reception. Within all of the hustle and bustle, it is nevertheless important to take time to vacation, spend time with family, and just unwind.
If you’re reading this and thinking you don’t even know where to start, don’t worry. Your real estate virtual assistant has a few tips up their sleeve to give you some breathing room this holiday season.
1. Take some TIME off: One day at home isn’t enough to detach yourself from the little voice in your head buzzing about work. To truly benefit from your time off, you need to take enough time to let yourself fully relax. If you’re anything like me, you may have forgotten how to relax and the very thought of the word “relax” gives you anxiety. Make an effort to push through a few days work-free, so when you return to your desk you feel rejuvenated instead of panicked.
2. Practice Self-Empathy: It’s okay to admit to yourself when you need to shut the lap top and focus on other priorities. The holidays may be the only time when it’s acceptable to shop instead of work. During the holiday season, treat yourself like you would treat your best friend. Free yourself of guilt and do what’s right for you. You know better than anyone that your work isn’t as great unless you’re 100% invested.
3. Take Advantage of Technology: If you’re finding it impossible to get away from your desk, it might be time to do some online shopping. Not everyone has time to make it to the mall or drive from store to store shopping for gifts. You may also want to consider gift cards. While they may not be the most “personal” gifts in the world, everyone loves them and you don’t have the added stress of conjuring up the “perfect” idea.
4. Prioritize, Delegate, and Ask for Help: It’s December 23, your kids want nothing more than the newest video game system and the stores are closing in 45 minutes. It’s time to take 10 minutes to prioritize your work, delegate the things you can and ask for help. Does everything really need to get done today, or is there anything that can be pushed out until Monday? Are there any tasks that can be completed by a co-worker or your real estate virtual assistant? If your co-worker is spotted playing Solitaire again, tell them you could really use a hand and they’re bound to comply. After all, it’s the holidays!
5. When You’re with Family, Be with Family: Does this one need explanation? Put your phone (AKA your ball and chain) on silent during your family celebrations and free yourself from any distractions. Quality family time doesn’t happen as often as we’d like, so milk it!
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.