Selling your home in Bettendorf, IA? Home Inspector Jim Hanson of Bettendorf, IA offers pre-listing inspections that may help you in the selling process. If you have your home for sale you may have already seen this letter. If not, read through it and let me know what you think....
Pre-Sale/Pre-Listing Inspection Program
Dear Home Owner,
In today’s market, you need to do everything possible to help market and sell your home. Once the sale is made, you will face an inevitable Home Inspection that could cost you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in repairs (after you have negotiated your final price) or may cause the potential buyers to back out of the deal altogether. Hanson Home Inspections can give you and potential buyers peace of mind.
With a Pre-Sale Inspection, a Certified Home Inspector will thoroughly review your home, as the Buyer’s inspector would, and provide you with a list of items in need of attention. You then decide what to repair or what to disclose as normal “wear and tear”. Items requiring repair can be made at your own pace and not under a deadline, which can cause costs to escalate. Many repairs may be done on your own to save even more money. We provide you with a detailed, yet easy to understand, report that can be shared with potential home buyers. Most clients place this report on a table with other listing materials as your full disclosure and evidence of your commitment to providing the best possible home for sale in the area!
The Pre-Sale Inspection program helps market your home faster by showing prospective buyers that they are looking at a house and a seller that they can trust. It saves you money by allowing you to decide what to fix and what not to fix, ahead of time, and on your terms. Most of all, it saves you from last minute Home Inspector surprises and the stress of not knowing what to expect.
Please visit our website at www.hansonhi.com for more information about our company or call us at 563-370-7369 with any questions you may have.
InterNACHI Certified Home Inspector
Pre-Sale/Pre-Listing Inspection Advantages
· You can choose a certified InterNACHI inspector rather than be at the mercy of the buyer's choice of inspector.
· You can schedule the inspection at your convenience.
· It might alert you to any items of immediate concern.
· You can assist the inspector during the inspection, something normally not done during a buyer's inspection.
· You can have the inspector correct any misstatements in the inspection report before it is generated.
· The report can help you realistically price the home if problems exist.
· The report can help you substantiate a higher asking price if problems don't exist or have been corrected.
· A pre-sale inspection reveals problems ahead of time, which:
o might make the home show better.
o gives you time to make repairs and shop for competitive contractors.
o permits you to attach repair estimates or paid invoices to the inspection report.
o removes over-inflated buyer-procured estimates from the negotiation table.
· The report might alert you to any immediate safety issues found, before agents and visitors tour the home.
· The report provides a third-party, unbiased opinion to offer to potential buyers.
· A pre-sale inspection permits a clean home inspection report to be used as a marketing tool.
· A pre-sale inspection is the ultimate gesture in forthrightness on the part of the seller.
· The report might relieve a prospective buyer's unfounded suspicions, before they walk away.
· A pre-sale inspection lightens negotiations and 11th-hour re-negotiations.
· The report might encourage the buyer to waive the inspection contingency.
· The deal is less likely to fall apart, the way they often do, when a buyer's inspection unexpectedly reveals a last-minute problem.
· The report provides full-disclosure protection from future legal claims.
Also...here is a link to a blog I wrote about a very sucessful pre-listing inspection I performed.