We all feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with so many wonderful clients and associates throughout this year in the Highland Lakes areas including Marble Falls, Horseshoe Bay, Lake LBJ and more. Our lives are richer and more fulfilled with our experiences helping Buyers and Sellers in the area. We look forward to continued success next year and sincerely appreciate your support and your referrals.
It’s hard to believe that 2011 is coming to an end and 2012 is just around the corner!
We wish you a very Happy, Healthy and Safe Holiday Season! Enjoy!
- Heart of Texas Wine Tours and Limousine Service offers private and group tours to wineries (or breweries or whatever works for your group, events shuttles and more!)
- Daniel Adams Fine Art Gallery has opened in Burnet at 401 Buchanan Drive.
- Other new openings include the Bar-B-Q Shak at 616 Buchanan Drive in Burnet and a new accountancy office opened by Michelle C. Phillips at 401 Buchanan Drive.
- Chuspy’s Burritos is now open in Marble Falls at 1808 US Hwy 281 and serves breakfast and lunch. They are open from 9am-2pm Monday-Saturday. Also newly opened in Marble Falls is Pet Supplies Plus at 2201 US Hwy 281.
- Show Biz Cinema has installed motion simulation seating in their Marble Falls location. There is an $8 up-charge for the seats in addition to the regular ticket price.
- The R-Bar and Grill in Marble Falls has new owners, Kevin and Rachael Jones. They purchased the restaurant recently from Russell Buster who started the restaurant in 2005.
- The Burnet Library has new computers for patrons and will soon offer downloadable electronic books.
- Marble Falls High School was lauded with the 2011 College Readiness Award. Only 10% of all Texas High Schools received this award for their college prep efforts. All four elementary schools received Gold Performance Acknowledgements from the Texas Education Agency for the 2010-2011 school year.
- The new Summit Rock Golf Course in Horseshoe Bay held its Grand Opening on Saturday, November 12th. Fore!
- The EPA and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality have approved air permits for the LCRA to proceed with plans to build a replacement for the Thomas C Ferguson Power Plant on Lake LBJ. A new plant will use 35-40% less fuel.
- Tony Holt of Zbranek & Holt Custom Homes is the new Building Industry Association 2012 President. Jayne Mortensen is the Executive Director of the organization.
- Marble Falls started a $4.2M upgrade of the Wastewater Plant to give the city more water for irrigation purposes. The plan is to save drinking water by using this Type 2 effluent.
- For a truly amazing sight to see, go to Johnson City’s Lights Spectacular! Pedernales Electric Coop lights up all the trees around their headquarters.
- On your back home from visiting Johnson City, swing by Marble Falls for the Marble Falls Walkway of Lights along Lake Marble Falls. As you drive across the bridge you can look across the lake to see all the beautiful lights as they glisten across the lake from 6pm – 10pm through January 1st.
We look forward to working with you,buying and selling homes and other properties in the Highland Lakes area in 2012.