Here is Russel's Golden Oldies post from yesterday. He does a super job of highlighting ActiveRain members and it's fun to read the older posts, especially when they are really old.
I always disable comments on reblogs out of respect for the original author who did all the work. If you would like to leave a comment, click on the link below and leave your comment with Russel who deserves your support with your comments.
Golden Oldies #26 (December 17, 2011)
Do Albuquerque homes have Feng Shui? (August 12, 2011)
by John McCormack
Albuquerque Homes Realty (Albuquerque, New Mexico)
Have you ever walked into a home and instantly felt like you wanted to run, not walk, out? If a home is cluttered, unkempt, has offensive odors, the colors are out of the 60’s and the shag carpet is too awful to even step on....
The difference between selling and dwelling (May 30, 2009)
by Gabe Sanders
Premier Realty (Stuart, Florida)
Stop looking at your home as your "home," and start visualizing it as the "product" it becomes when it enters the market. Both a real estate agent and a professional home stager can help to market your product successfully by highlighting positive features and downplaying less attractive aspects.
Do I know how to have a real conversation? (July 8, 2011)
by Janet Jones
Just Your Style Interiors (Kihei, Hawaii)
How many times do we avoid those "tough" conversations with a teenager, spouse, sibling, business associate, client? Most people I know will avoid confrontation at all cost. Yet we say we want to be better at what we do — serving clients, interpersonal relationships, making a difference in our communities. It all starts with....
A home warranty isn't meant to be a ticket to new things (April 28, 2011)
by Virginia Dean
Keller Williams Tulare County
I have made it a practice to "gift" home warranties to my clients to take care of the chance that an appliance or heater or cooler, that they already had inspected, and that they were aware of the age, might need repair in the near future. I didn't give it to them thinking they would get new appliances or units if theirs was repairable.
The quest for the perfect closing gift.... (July 29, 2010)
Patty Da Silva
Green Realty Properties (Davie, Florida)
The sales person contacted me and insisted he could not give me any information over the phone. I asked for the company's website, which he provided to me, immediately after telling me that the site only has images and no other information. He continued to tell me that he would only speak to me about his products "face to face."
The real estate equalizer - Finding parity in this market (June 11, 2009)
Baird & Warner (Winnetka, Illinois)
Clients have lamented that they will "never be able to get out what they put in." I recently saw a potential sale go bye-bye because the buyers felt the sellers did not come down as much as they had to when they sold their house. They walked away before they would buy a home they loved because they were, in essence, looking for parity.
When appliances disappear from pre-foreclosures (October 8, 2009)
by Bob and Carolin Benjamin
Benjamin Realty (Gold Canyon, Arizona)
People in a state of pre-foreclosure seem to forget that they can't take appliances and fixtures out of the homes they are soon to be losing to foreclosure. When these owners take appliances and fixtures out of these homes, they end up driving down the values in the entire community as the foreclosed home will end up selling for less.
Let's be considerate and care about everyone's time! (June 26, 2009)
RE/MAX Suburban (Schaumburg, Illinois)
Don't they know I'm a CRS? It means more than can't remember sh#t by the way! I've got plenty of letters behind my name! Don't mess with me bub! I'll stab you with my lucky contract writing pen! I've got plenty of experience too. I have earned the right to be late with my buyers!
Vacant? Of course you stage it!
Beyond The Walls (East Saint Paul, Manitoba, Canada)
Buying a home is generally the single largest investment anyone makes and yet it is actually an emotional decision. As the property is vacant, there is nowhere for the eye to rest and hence no invitation to stay. Buyers need to feel connected to the space in order to start mentally moving in.
Why New Year's resolutions do not work (January 2, 2010)
ERA Beach Ball Realty (Pensacola, Florida)
I'm sure that there was a time in our history when the word "resolution" actually meant something to people. After all, Webster's Dictionary defines the term as "the act of determining upon an action or course of action," and the root word resolve is defined as a "firmness of purpose." Sounds pretty impressive, doesn't it?
A new menace in real estate (January 2, 2011)
Coldwell Banker (San Francisco, California)
Most grow houses go unnoticed or unreported, for fear of retaliation from the gangs, apparently many of them run by Asians, according to the Drug Enforcement Agency. And the houses are often in places you'd hardly suspect, such as gated Florida communities and upscale Georgia neighborhoods — even Beverly Hills, California.
Use color when staging a child's room (August 13, 2009)
Room Solutions Home Staging (Portland, Oregon)
Here's a home staging tip that we often share with our clients .... Color is one way to make a big impact for a small investment! Using color helps buyers make an emotional connection to a home. Color can influence a buyer's mood and bring back good memories as well.
Second homes and how to maintain them! (July 15, 2011)
Bonnie Jean Heart
Windermere Real Estate (Indio, California)
We would always encourage checking references with any and all workers so you know who you are working with, especially a home watcher. You can find references from neighbors, year-around residents, local homeowner associations, and your real estate agent.
When do you throw in the towel? (August 4, 2009)
Coldwell Banker HPW (Clayton, North Carolina)
I am about to throw my computer out the window and go back to sitting in open houses and spending all my money on adds that don't work! I want widgets and I don't know where to get them! I did manage to get Google Voice though so I'm not a complete moron.
Know where you need to work on yourself? (May 29, 2009)
Exit Pro Realty (Bentonville, Arkansas)
Everyone has the same desires as you do. They put their pants on the same way, they do a lot of things the same way you do. If you get rejected, and trust me you will, more than you want to, just look at your list and say NEXT, or MOVE ON and continue. It's not the end.
For previous posts in my Golden Oldies series, click on Golden Oldies.
- Friday Flower Fiesta — #75 (December 16, 2011)
- Business & Marketing — Holiday Greeting Card Contest: Season's Greetings, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Feliz Navidad
- Business & Marketing — Use the Fog Index to determine readability
- Unlocking the secrets of your home — Home maintenance secret — "It smells awful!"
- Unlocking the secrets of your home — "Why would anyone pee in a sink?"
- 2011 December blogging challenge — Day 13: Ugly but functional.... and still dangerous
- Music on Mondays from the Music Chronicles of Russel Ray — Wasting away....
- 2011 December blogging challenge — Day 12: You might have noticed....
- 2011 December blogging challenge — Days 9, 10 & 11. Databases
- Let the Spotlight Shine on.... — November 7-13, 2011 (#4)
- Unlocking the secrets of your home — All things related to home inspections and real estate, including safety and ongoing maintenance.
- Music on Mondays from the Music Chronicles of Russel Ray — Music is the international language. Enjoy some music with some words behind the music.
- Golden Oldies — I delve into the past to find overlooked posts that are not time sensitive. Information just as good today as it was then. Each person featured only once in this series.
- Friday Flower Fiesta — Flowers soothe the beast within, which is why women love them. I think.
- Business & Marketing — I have specialized in Guerrilla Marketing for over 25 years and share some tactics with you here.
- San Diego Historical Landmarks — Explore the City of San Diego's historical landmarks numerically from Landmark #1.
- History on Stamps — Ever wondered about all those people, places, and things on our postage stamps? Find out with me as your host.
- Halls of History — Explore the history of the world with me. If it's in our past, it's history!