We are all so busy with only a few days left until Santa comes to town! We are baking cookies, wrapping gifts and getting our homes ready for the Christmas celebrations. But, there is a very serious danger in our homes and we need to be on guard. The danger is from our real Christmas Trees.
Each year at Christmas time, homes are lost due to fires from Christmas Trees. Here are a few tips that will help to make certain that your tree is in good shape and safe. Real Christmas Trees are so beautiful and smell so good but can dry out quickly and become a fire hazard.
1. Check to make sure that your tree has enough water. A real Christmas Tree will become brittle and begin to turn brown if it does not have water.
2. Never place a burning candle anywhere near your Christmas Tree!
3. Never place a space heater near your Christmas Tree.
4. Have a fire extinguisher in your home at Christmas and at all times. It is better to have one and never need it than to need one and not have one.
5. Check to make sure that you have not plugged too many strings of lights into one another. Touch the plug to see if it is warm to the touch and if it is, unplug the lights.
FROM MY HOME TO YOURS - HAPPY HOLIDAYS!