This is a very important post from Liz and Bill Spear. We blog some wonderful information and hopefully we are blogging the right stuff to the right people.
Who Is Your Blogging Customer?
Every time you sit down at the keyboard, you need to evaluate who is your blogging customer for the day? Having a clear target audience should alter your approach to the topic!
For instance, if writing about selling a home, you might be directing the post to:
- Area home sellers by targeting specifics to their community
- National home sellers with more generic tips on how to prepare their home for sale
- Expired home sellers with information on how we analyze their previous listing to identify WHY they didn't sell the first time
- For Sale By Owners about how using a REALTOR(R) might be to their advantage
- To New Construction builders on how we market new construction
- To stagers on how we can partner to sell a home
- To home inspectors on how the inspection is critical to selling a home
- To other agents to share tips on selling homes that we've gathered
Now while the general topic might be the same, each of these audiences would need to hear different things for the message to resonate. So just having a catchy title and a decent topic idea may not be enough to get the job done and get your phone to ring.
Stop and think, "Who Is My Blogging Customer?". Tailor it to the specifics of your audience. It's a What's In It For Them environment, and the better you give your audience what they want, the more likely they are to reach out to you instead of your competition!
Keep on Blogging!
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
The Liz Spear Team
Elizabeth & William Spear
RE/MAX Elite: Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Office direct: 513-248-3660 Liz direct: 513-265-3004
Bill direct: 513-520-5305 Fax: 866-302-8418
Buttons created at www.ButtonGenerator.com
Follow us on Social Media:
Social Media buttons courtesy of http://www.chethstudios.net
OUR SERVICE AREA: