Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
The Chicago, Illinois area is home to many diverse active adult communities. There are newer developments and more well-established neighborhoods. They range from having less than 100 homes to well over 5,000 residences, including options to fit nearly any budget.
Here are our picks for Illinois’ 10 best active adult communities:
1. Sun City Huntley – Huntley, IL With over 5,400 homes spread over 2,300 acres, Sun City Huntley is one of the largest and most amenity-rich active adult communities in the Midwest. In addition to the fabulous resort-style amenities, the community also offers a vast array of social clubs, classes and events.
2. Carillon – Plainfield, IL As the Chicago area’s first 55+ active adult community, Carillon opened in 1989 and has since blossomed to contain nearly 2,100 homes, a spacious clubhouse and many popular amenities. A 27-hole public golf course, The Links at Carillon, winds throughout the picturesque community.
3. Edgewater – Elgin, IL Situated on the west side of Elgin, in Chicago’s northwest suburbs, Edgewater enjoys Del Webb’s signature amenities in a more intimate setting. Currently, new homebuyers can choose between available resale and new construction homes.
4. Carillon Club – Naperville, IL The versatile new homes at Carillon Club offer many options for potential homebuyers. There are a total of 23 different floor plans, including condos, townhomes and single-family homes. Classes, clubs and a variety of amenities help support a healthy active adult lifestyle.
5. Grand Dominion – Mundelein, IL Since its grand opening in 2006, Del Webb’s Grand Dominion has been one of the area’s hottest-selling age-restricted communities. The spacious Lakeside Lodge clubhouse offers 17,000 square feet of indoor amenities, while the grounds include features like a swimming pool and sports courts.
6. Regency at Bowes Creek Country Club – Elgin, IL For a more intimate setting, Regency at Bowes Creek Country Club is a lovely active adult community which has plans for just 351 homes. Although the community is small, it features many attractions including a spacious clubhouse and a variety of social clubs.
7. Shorewood Glen – Shorewood, IL Del Webb’s Shorewood Glen community is one of the newer age-restricted developments in Chicago’s southwest suburbs. Its lovely setting includes the beautifully-appointed Lakeview Lodge clubhouse, which overlooks an 18-acre fishing lake.
8. Carillon Lakes – Crest Hill, IL Located in Crest Hill, Carillon Lakes is a popular community which was built by Cambridge Homes between 2000 and 2007. In addition to the expected resort-style amenities, this beautiful development also features a three-hole golf course and several small parks with community garden plots.
9. Grand Haven – Romeoville, IL With only 677 homes, Grand Haven offers a more intimate atmosphere while still providing a wide range of community amenities. The full-time Activities Director is on hand to help residents choose social activities from among the community’s numerous classes, clubs and events.
10. Lago Vista – Lockport, IL Built by Hartz Homes, Lago Vista will one day be home to approximately 830 residences including both single-family and attached homes. The 21,000 square-foot clubhouse, Club Lago, is the focal point of the community featuring both indoor and outdoor resort-style amenities.
This article originally appeared on 55Places.com. For more articles like this or for information about hundreds of 55+ active adult retirement communities across the country, please visit 55Places.com.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.