Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Whether you’re a real estate agent or other small business owner, you may find yourself needing to play a slideshow on a display for potential clients. Maybe it’s for a tradeshow or maybe it’s for the walls of your office to play a loop of current ‘for sale’ homes.
Whatever your needs, ProShow slideshow tools make it easy to create custom, looping displays you can play anywhere on any screen.
Here are some tips to get you on the road to making a professional and polished video for your display.
1. Go Widescreen: Pretty much all displays now-a-days are widescreen. Make sure that when you’re setting up your slideshow in ProShow, or any other slideshow tool, that you have the show size set to Widescreen rather than 4:3. In ProShow, you can find this under Show Options > Show Settings > Aspect Ratio.
2. Keep it Simple: When making a slideshow for a display where people will be walking past or viewing in passing, keeping the visuals simple is the best way to go. Yes, many modern slideshow applications have all sorts of cool effects and animations built-in but control yourself! J The end goal is to show off your listing. So, simple zooms, crossfade transitions and easy-to-read captions (try to avoid a script font since it’s hard to read from a few feet away) are the best way to go.
3. Audio and Soundtrack Considerations: Usually a low volume soundtrack (that can be muted if need be) in the background of your slideshow is the best way to go. If you’re depending on a voiceover to help sell your product, you could run into trouble. People at busy events normally spend just a few minutes observing your booth or display so a voiceover explanation of your product or service just won’t have time to catch their attention and convey your message.
4. Loop It: In an office, tradeshow booth or window display you’ll want to make sure your video is able to loop. The easiest way to make your video loop in ProShow is to add a menu and include the option to ‘loop show’. You’ll see the loop option for any type of menu you create. Many TV’s also allow you to manually loop a video through the TV’s menu.
5. Output Format and Quality: What type of display will you be presenting your slideshow on? A flat screen TV? A projector? Whatever your method of display, you’ll want to output an HD video to get the best quality possible. For the best results, burn a Blu-ray disc of your slideshow and playback on a Blu-ray player or Playstation 3.
Don’t have a Blu-ray burner? Create a 1080p HD MPEG 2 video and hook up a laptop to play the video directly from your laptop to the HDTV screen. Of course before hand, test playback to make sure everything looks perfect and you have all the right components, wires and parts you need to make it happen!
So there are some of my top tips for creating and displaying a photo slideshow at your next event or for your office. If you're looking for a great slideshow tool, check out ProShow. It's free to try and creates professional video slideshows.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.