CONNECTICUT LOCAL BUILDING SUPPLIER SPONSORS EDUCATION EVENT ON NEW BUILDING CODES & TECHNOLOGIES.
Local building supply company Rings End in Darien, Connecticut sponsors all day education event for builders and architects on new building technologies, materials, building codes and Energy Star version 3. The event was called “If Walls Could Talk”, there were built wall models on display along with 6 seminars and two Q&A sessions were part of the all-day activities along with Vendor displaying building materials. If you missed the January 12th event in Norwalk, Ct then there is a second event on February 1st, 2012 in Westbrook, Ct.
If Walls Could Talk…..If you missed the January 12th Ring’s End Seminar you do have a chance Feb 1st, 2012 to see it again, highly recommended ~ here are some key points that were covered.
- Stop all air infiltration!
- Drain plane continuous and incorporated with window
- Investigate your choices on energy efficient windows and their coatings
- Properly size your mechanics, esp. with these new energy efficient homes.
- Properly sized HVAC will help mold issues by keeping inside relative humidity at proper levels.
- Eastern White Shingles = sustainable, pre stained, long lasting
- Lack of continuity is a huge problem (in installation)
- Proper integration (of products and materials ~ read and follow instructions)
Rings End Lumber and Building Supplies have 11 locations throughout Connecticut.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Green Affiliations.
Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.