The following is a list of things how to keep customers. This is a combination of things I have learned from different "systems" and experience.
1. Keep in contact. Whether it be a pop by or a call once a month. Keep the communication open. They are more apt to use you again if you do.
2. Be professional. Look and act the part. I know of agents who got into temper tantrums with spouses during a listing appointment. The people loved the house, but wanted another agent to close the transaction.
3. Be Trustworthy: If you don't know something, say I don't know but find out. No one likes a know it all. They will respect you more if you are honest.
4. Be available: Customers are only as loyal as your availability. If you can't make a meeting, chances are they will find someone who will be able to show them the house when they want.
5. Do something different: I like to buy my clients dinner for the first night in their new home. I also received a $500.00 gift check from an agent I bought a home with.
By doing these things, you should be able to keep the majority of your customers.