Link’s to School Rankings & Statistics.
Because of the legislation of the Fair Housing Act a real estate agent cannot legally share school information because it can be perceived as steering buyers to a certain neighborhood.
The government want to make sure that home purchase decisions are based on the property’s fair value and to stop agents from steering clients toward or away from certain neighborhoods. The Fair Housing Act prohibits real estate agents from discussing household income, schools, religious makeup of a neighborhood along with race, color, religion, ethnicity, disabilities and familial status.
There are many good websites to help you find out school rankings, size of class, enrollment, student to teacher ratios, test scoring and more. Here are three websites that I have found out to be very informative:-
1. The National Center for Education is a government run site mandated by Congress to collect, collate, analyze and report statistics on the American education system.
2. School Digger provides an exclusive ranking system of statewide public schools from best to worst. This site is simple and easy to use.
3. Education.com provides ratings on the schools and also has a ‘Just Ask Q&A’ section is very helpful.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.