Greater Victoria “Strata Property” Market Activity Review For 2011.
(Condominiums, Town-Homes & ½ Duplexes).
Communities Included in this Greater Victoria Strata Property 2011 Year in Review Include:
Central Saanich, Colwood, Esquimalt, Langford, North Saanich, Oak Bay, Saanich East, Saanich West,
Not Included are (due to insufficient data):
Metchosin and The Highlands.
Greater Victoria Strata Property Listings Review 2011:
- 224 More overall Strata Property Listings during the year, With 3+ bedroom inventory increasing the most.
- Esquimalt, Sidney and Saanich West with the largest overall increases.
- Victoria West with (by far) the biggest decline in Inventory.
- Where as Langford and Victoria West saw the biggest reduction in 2 bedroom suites.
- An overall inventory increase of slightly more than 4 % is encouraging based on the amount of inventory we have seen in previous years.
Greater Victoria Strata Property Sales Review 2011 :
- The Total Number of Sales was down 215 from 2010 (8.9%).
- 2 and 3+ bedroom suites sales represented the reduction in sales where 1 bedroom suites sales actually increased.
- Sidney, View Royal and Central Saanich saw sales increase from 2010.
- Langford had the largest decline number suites sold by 27.7% to 254.
Greater Victoria Strata Property Listings to Sales Review 2011 :
- List to Sales Ratio’s, Reviews how many of the listings actually sell.
- This method offers some insight in to the absorption and demand for the property types reviewed.
- List to Sales Ratio lower than approx. 35 % for a representative sample (more than 5 % of the market place) would be considered a very slow Market and very much a Buyers Market.
- List to Sales Ratio between approx. 35 % and 65 % are considered a Balanced and Moderate Market Place.
- List to Sales Ratio over approx. 65% would be considered a very active Market and Would be referred to as a Sellers Market.
- In General For Strata Properties in Greater Victoria we are seeing a Balanced Market with increased inventory a few interesting property segments, for example 3+ bedroom Demand in Sidney, Oak Bay and Central Saanich.
Greater Victoria Strata Property Sales Prices Review 2011 :
- When reviewing the sales prices in General one would almost think that there was really not a lot of price changes, until one reviews the various communities and the property types.
- The 2 bedroom segment (the most popular by the number of sales) saw their average prices increase by $ 13,777, but included in that group is an average sales price increase in Oak Bay by $ 149,987 (Based on 36 sales) while both Sooke and Central Saanich saw significant sales price drops in the same 2 bedroom average sale prices.
Greater Victoria Strata Property Sales to List Price Ratio Review 2011:
- The final List Price to Sales Price Ratio indicated the negotiating room that buyers and sellers agree on actual sales….
- This shows the eagerness and or motivation between buyers and sellers and the willingness to make deals by them.
- The Larger the spread, the weaker the market is and should tell Sellers that buyers are not paying top dollar.
- The closer the ratio is to 100% the more motivated buyers are to make a deal and the more likely it is for sellers to get their price.
- With final list to sale price ratio’s within 4 % of the asking price we seem to be at or near balanced in the market between buyers and sellers of Strata Properties in Greater Victoria.
Greater Victoria Strata Property Days on the Market Review 2011
- The fewer days a property remains on the market until sold, indicates the strength and confidence buyers have that it is the right time to buy.
- It also shows that pricing, presentation and condition of the properties sold was at par or better with the competition, and buyers felt that they where receiving great value with their purchase.
- In Greater Victoria Days on the Market is also used to indicate what type of market we are in (provided a representative sample is used)
- Less than 35 Days on the Market Indicates a Sellers Market
- 35 to 75 days on the Market indicates a Balanced Market
- More than 75 Days on the Market Indicates a Buyers Market
- In Reviewing Greater Victoria Strata Properties for 2011, We are (for the most part) in a Balanced Market
- City of Victoria Single Family Homes Real Estate Market Review of 2011
- Oak Bay Single Family Homes Real Estate Market Review of 2011
- Esquimalt, Single Family Homes Real Estate Market 2011 Year in Review
- Saanich East, Single Family Homes Real Estate Market 2011 Year in Review
- Saanich West, Single Family Homes Real Estate Market 2011 Year in Review
- Saanich Peninsula, Single Family Homes Real Estate Market 2011 Year in Review
- West-Shore, Single Family Homes Real Estate Market 2011 Year in Review
- Greater Victoria Strata Homes, Real Estate Market 2011 Year in Review
Planning to buy, sell, upgrade, downsize, invest in real estate or relocate to Greater Victoria, and need information about your present or new area of choice?....... No Problem.
Peter and Linda Pfann now offer a FREE Pfanntastic Internet Service, keeping you informed about Greater Victoria Market Activity, including New Listings & Value Estimates, This absolutely Free no hassle service is completely customized to your specific requirements.
We call it: Victoria Homes Now, and this amazing little tool will ask you a few questions, and provides you with an updated snapshot of the property type(s), location (s) and real estate market activity as per your requirements.
The Pfanntastic Victoria Homes Now Service is Free, The Information is Invaluable,