Yesterday, I attended a 45 minute webex class to learn about a high-end video production company (this company can produce amazing videos for the web, but they are too pricey for the individual realtor). From the webex, I couldn't shake off one of the statements that the trainer made regarding traditional marketing (such as postcards/brochures).
This marketer stated, "Traditional marketing is not only ignored by people, it is becoming annoying to people."
Is this true? Are our clients and prospects annoyed by our traditional marketing efforts?
Lately, there has been so much buzz about the new generation of home buyers/sellers and the need for realtors to create entertaining marketing that IMPACT on our prospects.
I thought I'd share a few that I've heard and a few of my own:
- Continue to enhance your digital media. YouTube videos, IPOD audio downloads, IPHONE listing tours - everything audio and video are of paramount importance in the digital marketing mix.
- Get creative with on-line marketing for your listings. In addition to featuring your listings on your personal website, your company site and realtor.com, post your listings on craigslist, Trulia, ebay, google, yahoo, your blogs. There are many other places to expose your listings than the traditional ones.
- Get creative with on-line marketing for yourself. Make sure your main real estate website and company website are optimized. Put your Active Rain profile, your Trulia profile, your LinkedIn profile EVERYWHERE! All of your social media communities should be displayed on every website in which you're featured.
- Build your blog(s). Obviously, building blogs...this one we all know about. Add quality content to your blogs regularly. Add your own post, comment on others, join forums etc...Make sure you burn your feeds, add RSS and email subscription capabilities to your blogs. Do everything you can to help prospects stay in your loop. The more on-line presence you have, the better.
- Create more user-generated content. This idea I find to be very interesting. Get your clients/prospects to participate in your marketing. One way will be to offer incentives for posting to your blog etc... Have a contest. Offer a prize. This "pay for play" approach is gaining traction. I have seen this strategy used on many prominent blogs and it is fun!
- Go green. Environmentally challenge yourself to think eco-friendly (in terms of marketing and in terms of real estate transaction incentives). The sales impact could be great.
If you have other new alternative marketing methods that you feel comfortable sharing, we'd love to hear them.