Some of the ladies in the rain were talking about being memed and I had no idea what they were talking about. So it seems Mary McKnight is at fault for this craziness - so let's go thank her because it's a lot of fun.
So I feel honored to have been tagged by none other than Ann Cummings - so here are 5 things a lot of people don't know about me:
1. I am THE definition of a melting pot. I was born in Caracas, Venezuela, my mom is from Spain, my dad was born in Venezuela but his mother was born in Rumania and his dad in Germany - my maiden name is Hungarian. I only speak two languages though, Spanish and English.
2. I am completely and horribly disgusted by cockroaches - I will scream my head off if one touches me and will do the wild dance while shaking my whole body arms and legs in different directions. (And I cannot even get close to a dead one).
3. Rick and I took a 1 month boat trip on his father's 57' yacht from Miami to Venezuela through the Caribbean islands. On our first rough night (from Turks and Caicos to the Dominican Republic) we got really bad seas and I puked for 14 hours straight - beauty eh?
4. I've always been quite the business gal - at 11 years old, my father managed some rental properties and hired me to repaint units when tenants moved out. I was able to hire people to do the job for me while I did nothing and made a really pretty profit - enough to save money to buy a car before I even had a license.
5. I love Math - have always had a passion for it - decided to study Engineering for the math and went to Florida State University (no I am not a Seminole) - later decided that I was too creative and switched majors to Architecture and graduated from the University of Miami. I am transferring my love of math to my kids and enjoy sitting down with them and teaching them math that is way above their grade level.
That's really funny..... I was done with this post and then find out that Mariana Wagner has MEMED me knowing I was already memed!! What's wrong with you woman?? So here's 5 more things you may not know about me:
1. I totally despise LAZY people. Cannot stand procrastinators - and cannot understand why some people cannot multi-task. I moved back to Venezuela for one year after graduating from UM and worked with an architecture firm that would beg me to SLOW DOWN? Can you believe having a boss that tells you are over working and to please arrive late because I was making everyone look bad?
2. I have 3 awesome boys: a 12 year old, a 10 year old and a 2 year old. I could not deal with having a third boy so close in age to the other 2 and didn't want any more kids. When the middle one was around 7, Rick and I decided to try one last time for the girl - and that's when the little one came in. No girl, but I LOVE my boys.
3. My kids love hanging out with me. I skateboard with them, water ski, play soccer, even wakeboard. Anything they do I do with them and up to now, they like my company (let's hope it stays that way).
4. I taught aerobics right out of high school all the way through my college days. Sometimes 2 and 3 classes per day. Now I kickbox and have SO MUCH FUN AT IT!
5. What attracted me to my husband at first was his biceps - NO....I am not that shallow.....He was a really nice guy and saw him wearing a tank top one day and flipped! Then I found out he was also intelligent and totally fell for him.
So I AM DONE! NO MORE TAGGING!! Maybe I should Tag Mariana again just for fun.....hmmmm. I'll be nice.
And now, I'm to tag 3 other members of Active Rain who then will share with us 5 things about themselves.
Go check out The First (?) ActiveRain Meme to find out who else has been memed!