2011 Year End Market Report - San Jose Blossom Valley Homes
Week ending December 31, 2011 compared to January 1, 2011
There were 78 Blossom Valley homes, including short sales and bank owned homes for sale in the week ending December 31, 2011.
There were 145 Blossom Valley homes, including short sales and bank owned homes for sale in the week ending January 1, 2011.
Of the 78 Blossom Valley homes there were 31 San Jose short sales, 8 bank owned homes and 39 traditional Blossom Valley homes for sale.
Half of the Blossom Valley homes for sale are comprised of short sales and bank owned homes. Many people confused distress sales with distressed properties. Most Blossom Valley short sales are not distressed properties. Many are nicely maintained and move-in ready homes. The sellers simply are facing financial difficulties and are unable to make their mortgage payments. For most Blossom Valley homeowners, a short sale is preferred over foreclosure.
If you are having difficult making your mortgage payment and don't know what to do then call an experienced San Jose Short Sale agent for a free consultation.
Don't wait until you are out of time. Call today! 800-972-1822
- Median Price: $455,000 = 2.2% decrease from November 2011 ($465,000); Year-over-Year = 4.2% decrease at $475,000
- Average Price: $472,841 = 1.6% increase from November 2011 ($465,607); Year-over-Year = 3.0% decrease at $487,407
- No. of Sales: 55 = 17.0% increase from November 2011 (47 sales); Year-over-Year = 3.8% increase at 53 sales
- Sale vs. List Price: 99.3% = 1.5% increase from November 2011 (97.8%); Year-over-Year = 0.5% increase at 98.8%
- Days on Market: 50 = 32.5% decrease from November 2011 (74 days); Year-over-Year = 5.5% increase at 47 days
Inventory continues to be low in the Blossom Valley Real Estate Market. Prices are holding relatively steady. Low inventory means we are experiencing multiple offers on Blossom Valley homes. It also means homes are on the market a shorter period of time before going into contract. Buyers continue to look for “good deals” which may be found in a short sale.
If you are looking to buy or sell your San Jose home or any location in Silicon Valley allow me the opportunity to be of service.
My consultations are free. Your satisfaction is my guarantee.
Kathleen Daniels, Broker – Serving San Jose and Silicon Valley – 1-800-972-1822