Are You Really Insured for that Drink?

Services for Real Estate Pros with Property and Casualty for Professionals, INC

After having some clients over for dinner and drinks I had to stop and ponder if insurance, mortgage, or real estate agents ever check their insurance policies to see if they are covered.

 Most people know if they have coverage for someone hurting themselves on their property, but very few could answer if they have host liquor liability coverage. With the holidays upon us and most of us doing more and more entertaining check your insurance policies. You can be held responsible for what your quest's do after they leave your home or holiday party. If your home owners policy does not have host liquor liability ask if you can purchase a personal umbrella to get the coverage.

As more and more insurance companies exclude liquor liability we need to read our policies. 

For more information feel free to contact me



Phone 971-205-4000


This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Respect Realty LLC
Respect Realty LLC - Milwaukie, OR
Brokers - Oregon / SW Washington Real Estate

As an ex wedding DJ, I saw so many people have parties every year and were amazed at how many didn't have insurance. Some wedding halls required it if you were gong to have alcohol and I thought this was pretty smart on their part!

Good call and most people don't realize that they can be held responsible if they serve the alcohol.


Nov 18, 2007 05:04 PM #1
Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?


Joe Smith

Insuring what matters to you!
Ask me a question
Spam prevention