1. You think a buyer is going to pay more for your home because you owe too much.
Answer: It does not matter what you paid or what you owe - your home is worth what a buyer will pay in today's market.
2. You think your home is worth more than the guy down the street because "he gave his house away".
Answer: The guy down the street priced his home correctly.
3. You think your home is worth more because you love it and it is dated but well maintained.
Answer: Well maintained is great but buyers want the most for less. A comparable property updated will sell first and for more money.
4. You think real estate agents just want to price it cheap to get a fast sale for themselves.
Answer: I hope not - this is unethical. Agents today as in the past are consulting you on how to save money and get the most value for your home.
5. You think foreclosures and short sales will not hurt your property value because your house is still different from all the rest.
Answer: Unfortunatley they do hurt our values, however, if your home is in impeccable condition and priced well, it will still sell for more money.
6. You think after one month with no showings that there are just no buyers in your price range.
Answer: Your right - there are no buyers for overpriced properties!
7. You think that you can leave your home a mess and buyers will forgive you because they are messy homeowners too.
Answer: Maybe is a sellers market where there were fewer properties and more buyers, but not today. Buyers can pick clean homes for less.
8. You want to test the market for the first 2 weeks to see if you can get more money.
Answer: Your 'hot' qualified buyers come the first 2 weeks, after all they haven't found what they wanted and yours pops on the market. Price is right coming out of the chute and it will sell fast and for more money.