You have a great topic and now you just want someone to read your post and to come back for more. If viewers don't like your site or blog they leave and they may never return.
How can you keep them? You need to follow some basic rules for the content of anything that you write.
Here are my top ten rules for content on the web.
- Make your content accurate and original. Even though you may know your subject, research can give you fresh ideas and possible tips that you might have missed. If you use material from someone else, give credit to them -- don't plagiarize.
- Only one idea per paragraph. Don't write one long block of text. Break up your writing by expressing each idea in a single paragraph.
- Start each paragraph in journalistic style. By this I mean, put the heart of the paragraph first and then go on to explain it.
- Make your content clear & simple. Keep your text to a minimum. Read and re-read to make certain it is clear and easy to understand. Use spell-check. Misspelled words and poor grammar will hurt you.
- Keep content up to date. Remember your research. Don't give out-dated material or you will lose your credibility.
- Use bold & colors for impact. If you use a few bold or colored words to hit key points, it will get more attention from your reader.
- Use good links.Let the reader know where you are sending them by describing it in the link. Never, ever use "click here".
- Use lists. Lists make complex material more simple. Readers hate long paragraphs and lists can take their place.
- Make your content easy to use. Readers are used to text which is left-aligned and find it difficult to read centered or right-aligned text. Keep them to a minimum. Sub-headings can also help your readers and keep them interested.
- Be consistent in your style. Templates are great. Find your own voice as you write and stay with it. You want readers to recognize you and to return because they have an idea what to expect.
These rules are simple but they will help keep your readers on your pages and they will encourage everyone to return over and over.
Follow my blog as I give you tips and fun facts about Latin America, expatriates, relocation and making referral income.
Latin America -- Isn't it about time you learned more about the opportunities for YOU?
Viva Latin America
If you are looking to
Buy or Sell real
Do you have questions about real estate in Latin America? We are glad to provide assistance if you are considering a real estate purchase in Latin America
We LOVE Referrals
As a thank you for reading my blog, send a real card NOW to someone you are thinking about. Postage and card are free - Just click on the SendOutCards Logo.