What are your family plans for the day after Thanksgiving? If you are in the vicinity of Nisswa, Minnesota - check out the CITY OF LIGHTS events. Welcome in the holiday season with fun, food , and yes, there is shopping involved for those who can not resist. The afternoon is full of events!
- Hay wagon rides start at 2:30pm, Motor City of Nisswa will have crafts & food
- Mrs. Claus from 3-8 with shuttle service provided at the Dairy Queen in the Nisswa Square,
- The historic Pioneer Village opens at 4:45pm by candle light with music, free hot cider & donut holes and crafts demonstration by the Black Bear 4-H Club,
- Storytelling at 4:00pm & 6:30PM,
- Food merchants start at 4:00pm,
- Rachel's Bakery is having a cake walk at 4:30
- Bonfires are lit at 4:30pm photo by Krisdecurtis
- Holiday carolers & holiday band start at 5:00pm,
- Lighting of the Luminaries at 5:15pm. COUNT DOWN TO TURNING ON ALL THE LIGHTS at 5:29pm,
- Love Lights A Tree Ceremony at 5:35pm,
- SANTA will be in the Nisswa Square at 2:30, then to the Gazebo at 6:00pm.
- To end the days' activities - the dazzling display of fireworks at 7:30pm!!
- Also, the businesses will be open to enjoy shopping and dining throughout Nisswa
The Love Lights a Tree is lit with shining white lights - each light has been donated in memory or honor of a loved person in one’s life. If you want to participate in this, please contact the Nisswa Chamber, 218-963-2620. For more information call the Nisswa Area Historical Society at 218-963-3570
~All proceeds go to the Good Samaritan Homecare & Hospice Program in Brainerd.~