Today was another great day of Get By Giving with Floyd Wickman's R Squared Group Coaching. Team members were simply overflowing with good old-fashioned advice for each other. Thanks Guys!
Take a peak at some of today's best advice and ideas ...
Parade of Techniques included the following
- Start forming relationships with agents in nearby MLS areas who could refer your services in your own area and vice versa. Plan some informal get-togethers at restaurants and coffee houses or even your offices. Sometimes buyers can't find what they want and decide to move their search down the road. Wouldn't it be great to give them a referral to someone you trust and then get paid!
- For terrific up-to-date expired and pre-foreclosure data, subscribe to REDX (www.theredx.com)
- Turn your blog into a monthly newsletter that gets emailed to your Book of Business
- Start using software that allows you to get client signatures over the internet. Docusign is one such option. They will turn an hour project into three minutes!
- Use a Round Robin Bidding event to get listings, including short sales, sold FAST!(Hopefully I'll have more details about this in a future blog post!)
- Advertise your price reductions to everyone you can. (This resulted in the agent finding the buyer for one of his listings in only a few days after the price reduction!)
Ask The Experts questions and answers:
What do I tell a seller who decides not to list their home for sale, but rent it out instead?
- Inform them of the drawbacks to waiting to put their home on the market (prices may go down, interest rates may go up)
- Probe with more questions to find out exactly what is on their mind and then handle those hesitations with Hot Buttons
- Use the Financial Risk Analysis to educate them on all of the pitfalls to renting their home to strangers (property damage, eviction costs, wear and tear, routine maintenance, calls in the middkle of the night, weekends, and holidays)
- Remind them that their lender may not allow them to turn their home into a rental property and/or their insurance company may cancel or increase the policy if it is no longer owner-occupied
- Explain to them that they can list their home with you offering in the MLS a number of other "terms", such as lease option and land contract. This allows potential buyers to still see the home, but opens it up to other options also.
As I get busier I find that it's harder to keep control of my time, as the most popular times to get together are already taken
- Don't let clients give YOU a time to get together, instead YOU should offer them options in the following manner - "Could we get together Thursday at 7pm or would Friday be better?" or "I can do Saturday at noon or 5pm".
- Use the following term "mutually agreeable". This reminds them that it's not all about their schedule. You have a schedule, too.
- Remember that an appointment is an appointment is an appointment. Which means that if you have your son's soccer game on Saturday at 10am, then simply say you have an "appointment" at that time. It's not their business what it is you have to do.
- Above all else, control your time, because if you don't control it, it will control you. If you can't control your time, nothing else matters.
Isn't it amazing what a little teamwork and the belief of Get By Giving can do?!
For last week's Parade of Techniques and Ask the Experts segment click here.