Common Sense Habits to Offset Your Carbon Footprint.
Here is a great website on 101 ways to reduce your Carbon Footprint and was amazed at how easy it is to do. It is really just good old comon sense, here are a few examples:
- turn off the light as you leave the room
- turn of the water faucet as you brush your teeth
- use reusable bags
- repair door and window weatherstripping
- adjust thermostats to save energy in empty/unused rooms
- use both sides of copy paper
Growing up we all practiced these practical habits but it seems in today's world we are to busy, maybe a little lazy, but what ever the excuse we need to get back to basics and start reducing out carbon footprint and stop wasting natural resources. On the 101 list there are simple home maintenance and improvement items that you only need to do once or yearly to save you money and reduce your carbon footprint:
- install motion detectors on outside lights
- install additional insulation
- install programmable thermostats
- yearly cleaning and maintenance of boilers/furnaces
- change you air filters
- install low flow shower heads
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with DMK Real Estate office in Darien. A life time resident of Fairfield County he spent his childhood years in Rowayton and now resides in Darien since 2004. David Popoff is an accredited LEED Green Associate (LEED GA) and member with the United States Green Build Council (USGBC) and the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC). Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and other parts of Connecticut.