Live Highlands Ranch : Top Ten Romantic Spots of Denver
In honor of Valentines Day, we thought we'd bring you the highlights from an article by Chad Chisholm outlining the Top Ten Romantic Spots in our beautiful State Capitol.
10. Anschutz Family Sky Terrace at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. Stunning views of City Park and the Denver skyline make for one of the most romantic spots in Denver. Perfect for weddings and receptions, the open-air terrace frames Denver's skyscrapers with the majestic Rocky Mountains.
9. Afternoon Tea at the Brown Palace. Beneath a stunning stained glass canopy in The Brown Palace's main atrium, afternoon tea is anything but stuffy. From delicate finger sandwiches to artfully crafted tea pastries and live melodic piano or harp music, the ambiance will take you back to a more civilized time while enjoying tea at the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa where the service is as sparkling as the polished silver and beautiful crystal suited to dazzle your date.
8. Gondola Ride at Venice on the Creek. The Italian Riviera may not be close, but Venice on the Creek brings gondaliering to Denver. For select dates during the summer months, candlelit punt boat rides through the lock system of Cherry Creek are a unique way to spend a blissful summer evening. Propelled by the pole operator, guests glide effortlessly down the creek. Candlelit rides begin at sunset, lasting about 40 minutes on the water. Couples are welcomed and encouraged to bring their own picnic for an unforgettable dining experience at the city drifts by in one of Denver's best-kept romantic secrets.
7. Dive Lounge at Downtown Aquarium. With the only thing missing in Denver being an ocean, the deep blue sea is closer than you think. Downtown Aquarium's Dive Lounge affords that ocean fix while mixing up fun cocktails and affording tranquil sea life to drift by your table. The aquatic ambiance coupled with the unique fare, themed decor, and exceptional collection of fish and friends make for a remarkably romantic evening under the sea.
6. Garden Patio at Bistro Vendome. Larimer Square is home to the romantic courtyard location of Bistro Vendome. Noted for its superb French bistro fare, both the outdoor and indoor dining areas are charming. From the sparkling lights to the breezeway entrance,, the romance is palatable in the air.
5. Rooftop Deck at Linger. Mortuary-turned-eatery Linger holds claim to one of the best views in Denver. Overlooking the city from the Highlands Neighborhood, the unique and funky culinary establishment doesn't skimp on views or cuisine. A perfect date night or occasion celebration. Linger's rooftop is one of the newest romantic spots and not to be missed.
4. Couples Massage Room at Ritz Carlton Denver. The only AAA Five Diamond property in Denver, the spa is not to be missed at the Ritz Carlton Denver. The Couples Massage Room is a sanctuary of the city, affording a-list services, beautifully appointed rooms, and a cozy hideaway from the hustle and bustle of the city. An extensive spa and dining menu await in the luxurious romantic gateway and retreat suite including the Couple's Romance package. The spa is available to both couples not staying at the hotel as well as in-house guests.
3. Monet Deck Cafe at Botanic Gardens. Whether bringing your own bottle of favorite wine or enjoying the offerings of the gardens, the Monet Deck Cafe at the Botanic Gardens is definitely a romantic spot of Denver. With twinkle lights int he tree canopy above the elevated deck,, Mother Nature lends her hands in romance with the serene view of the Monet Water Lily Garden. Pull up a chair and uncork and unwind int his spectacular botanic spot.
2. Peaks Lounge at Hyatt Regency at Colorado Convention Center. On the 27th floor of the Hyatt Regency Colorado Convention Center is the stunning Peaks Lounge. High above the city with phenomenal views, this pinnacle lounge is the peak of perfection affording award-winning service and breathtaking views for a romantic evening out in the city. From sunset to late night, the ambiance is perfect for a relaxing getaway in the heart of Downtown Denver.
1. Clock Tower on 16th Street. Time stands still at the most romantic spot in Denver, the D & F Clock Tower on 16th Street. From a perfect spot for that all-important question "will you marry me?", to the wedding ceremony itself; for a special anniversary dinner or spectacular family celebration, the Clock Tower was Denver's first skyscraper and remains the premier romantic location in the Mile High City. Intimate spaces for two or areas for small group ceremonies are all found within the truly unique and edgy atmosphere, playing off the theme of time itself, making for fantastic and memorable photographic opportunities and stories to tell for years to come.
If you know of a romantic spot you'd like to share, please comment. We hope you enjoy your Valentine's Day.