I grew up outside of Chicago, so I learned to deal with winter weather from a very early age. I love everything about the city except the climate. Gray days, snow, sleet, rain, ice, all just last too long for me. There are definitely four seasons to enjoy but for me the winter season last just a little too long. Since I finished my education many years ago, I have had the pleasure to live in different parts of the country. Each has their own positive and negative qualities, but for me, I am happy living in Georgia.
So in reverse order here are my 10 reasons why I like living in Georgia:
10. When I look out my window I can see the foothills of the Georgia mountains and it gives me reason to pause and appreciate the state’s natural beauty.
9. The mild winters here are very easy to take. We occasionally see some snow and maybe some ice, but it never lasts long. Usually by the end of January, the daytime temperatures start heading back into the 50’s.
8. Being a city of approximately 5 million people there is a great diversity throughout the city.
7. Shopping is plentiful with malls, and small businesses in all parts of the city.
6. Restaurants in the Atlanta Metro area are as diverse as the population. There are many celebrity chefs with restaurants in the city.
5. Travel is easy to anywhere else in the world. It is possible because Hartsfield International Airport is on the south side of the city.
4. Housing prices in the metro area have been much more reasonable even during the real estate boom of the mid 2000’s.
3. Interstate access to the Smokey Mountains, or the beaches in Florida, it is only a matter of hours away.
2. Community activities are plentiful including farmer’s markets, art exhibits, craft shows, charity events are all available.
1. I have been blessed with friendly neighbors that watch out for one another. Who could ask for anything better than that?
So if you think you might want a change, check us out!