Since 2007 we've been struggling with the public perception that real estate is not a good investment. We've also struggled to put the word out that the "bad market" is regional, & quite micro oriented. I know we've all been experiencing the unveiling of a beautiful 2012. Personally, my market has hot & cold pockets, but in general, is warm.
The good news is, the market is heating up & the frost we've been experiencing is thawing. It's time to communicate - IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BUY or SELL!
Some of you participated in the "Hot or Not" survey last year and Activerain greatly appreciates you for doing so. Surveys like such, provide valuable information resulting in reports like,
In conjunction with the launch of the Infographic and survey results being released today, we are launching a contest today, SPRING FORWARD IN 2012 CONTEST - 2012 Market Trends
THE CONTEST DESCRIPTION
Write 8 blogs over a 4 week period, both regional and national market trends. May be your own research with your board or company, or it can be third party research such as your paid subscription to an industry news subscription, but authorized to blog. Must include a graph or chart, with a clear understanding of what the graph or chart indicates.
***** NEWS FLASH!!!!!*******
By popular request, I am modifying the contest. The original rules are still posted, so let the News Flash be the revision. THE BLOGS CAN INCLUDE NATIONAL TRENDS BUT NOT REQUIRED. In some markets it may be adventageous and in other markets, maybe not so it's your call. The new rule is: "Each week write 2 "2012 Market Trends" blogs, to be regional, national , or one of each, not to exceed 4 national posts out of the 8.
Some expressed concern about the graphs. Notice I said "or charts"in the contest rules. Your board has reports so you can copy/paste those to support your comments. None-the-less, ...
UPDATE #2: Please be sure to link your market trends blog to the original Real Estate Values post. ALSO, EMBED THE INFOGRAPHIC below so consumers know this is a starting point. As mentioned in the intro, this contest is related to the Real Estate Recovery or Not Infographic ActiveRain created. There is no need to update posts prior to 2.28.12. Please see comment #117 for more clarification on this crucial update.
<p><a href="http://activerain.com/real-estate-values"><img src="http://activerain.com/pdf/FINALhotornot_600px.jpg" height="800" alt="" width="375"></a></p>
- Each week write 1 NATIONAL & 1 REGIONAL "2012 Market Trends" blog.
- Your REGIONAL Market Trends blog should be posted in the relevant hyper local section.
- Each blog must be original content from 2012.
- Each blog must contain a graph or chart with an explanation of the image.
- Each blog must be posted within the "2012 Market Trends" Group.
- The contest is for four weeks, a total of 8 blogs must be created, 4 national, 4 regional - a total of 8.
- Post a summary of your 8 blogs links within ONE COMMENT LINE to receive
- The point is to spread the news with your readership that the market is coming back. But yeah, there are some Activerain points. (smile)
- 2,000 points per blogger who completes & posts their blog summary on or before March 29, 2012
- 500 BONUS points for posting at least 4 market trends blogs within the first 7 days (Feb 29)
- Max points: 2500