YOU’VE BEEN RELOCATED…NOW WHAT?????
For those of you relocating to Baton Rouge, Ascension and Livingston areas here are some helpful hits for creating a moving timeline. By organizing your time you facilitate the relocation process. The entire printable moving checklist is included.
2 Months Before
· Sort through closets, drawers, and cabinets to weed out what you don’t want or need.
· Hold a yard sale, or donate unwanted items to charity.
6 Weeks Before
· If moving out of town, make travel arrangements.
· Notify your children’s schools of the move and contact new schools for enrollment information.
1 Month Before
· Inform utility companies to disconnect services the day after you move
· Then, have new service activated several days before you arrive at your new house.
· If you’re packing your house yourself, order supplies and start packing boxes.
1 Week Before
· Finish packing boxes.
· Arrange payment or deposit for movers.
· Complete change-of-address forms at the post office, and send notices to magazine subscriptions, creditors, friends and relatives, alumni organizations, credit cards, banks, and any other necessary companies and organizations.
· Pack suitcases you plan to move yourself with clothes, toiletries, jewelry, and important financial records and documents.
· Pack your first-night box.
· Lock windows, turn off lights, close doors, and take a final tour after the movers have finished to make certain nothing is left behind.
Source: Martha Stewart
Printable Moving Checklist