USGBC Promotes Local Green Building Tours.
The U.S. Green Building Council is a National and Global group with local chapter to help educate the public, real estate agents, builders, architects, homeowners and more. One way is through tours of existing ‘green’ buildings where one can actually touch, see, experience the space as well as to see the actual numbers in costs & savings. Green building is not just about less maintenance, saving energy and resources but also about a healthier and more comfortable lifestyle at home and in the workplace.
The Connecticut chapter, CTGBC, of the U.S. Green Building Council and has organized two tours to learn more about sustainable residential buildings in March 2012:
1. A single family LEED home under construction. The tour is with the owner and builder in Greenwich, Connecticut that is midway in the construction process. Here you can see the cost-effective strategies used to “green’ a home and to learn more about the LEED program. This tour is on March 23rd, 2012 and requires reservations; please click here to read more.
2. The second tour is at The Metro Green Residences in Stamford, Connecticut. This is a 7 story building consisting of one, two and three bedroom units. 40% of the units will be affordable housing. Tour is March 1st, 2012 ~ click here to read more and sign up.
The Connecticut Green Building Council (CTGBC) is a chapter of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) which covers the State of Connecticut.
CTGBC Mission Statement:
The CTGBC is an efficiently run non-profit organization that seeks to improve the quality of life in Connecticut through the promotion of intelligently designed and constructed high performance energy efficient building.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.