I ran across an article in Rachel Ray Magazine that discussed some interesting, fun twists on how to top off your margarita. Enjoy:
1. For a Pineapple Margarita, try Old Bay Seasoning and Black Pepper. This savory mixture may seem more at home in a bloody mary than on a margarita rim, but the black pepper and secret spices give the sugary juice a kick!
2. For a Jalapeno Margarita, try Smoked Salt. If jalapeno peppers are your thing, give this combo a swing! The smoky salt (which tastes like it came off a campfire) has just enough power to balance the heat of the chile without taking away its flavor.
3. For a Cantaloupe Margarita, try Cinnamon and Sugar. Add sugar and spice, and this drink will taste nice! The warm heat of the cinnamon pumps up the mellow taste of the cantaloupe.
4. For a Strawberry Margarita, try Cocoa Powder. One taste and you'll swear you're sipping on a chocolate covered strawberry! How decadent does that sound?
5. For a Cranberry Margarita, try Sugar and Grated Lime Zest. Pucker up-this pairing starts out sour (thanks to a lime juice rim), turns sweet, then finishes with a tart, cranberry-filled exclamation point.
I hope you try some of these at your next gathering...why not?